• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is PCGS.COM kaput?

25 posts in this topic

I can't seem to get to pcgs.com nor collectors.com. My browser is now telling me that they are unknown web addresses. Oh, well, I guess they should have paid their bills to their ISP!

wink.gif

EVP

Yah, they're down alright - just as I was doing a long reply to the ethics thread - never got to the past the proceed button & now those words of wisdom are long gone somewhere in cyberspace crazy.gif

I can't seem to get to pcgs.com nor collectors.com. My browser is now telling me that they are unknown web addresses. Oh, well, I guess they should have paid their bills to their ISP!

wink.gif

EVP

Makes me want to run outside, right now, and spit on the sidewalk. crazy.gif

What is really disgusting is the "farmer's blow". I watched a runner/jogger the other morning while driving to work pinch off one nostrilwith his index finger and blow hard out the other while he was still running. I guess if it's done right it takes care of business with no drip, no muss, no fuss.

Visually though it is a sight I could have missed and had just as good of a morning. flamed.gif

Have you ever seen the "farmer's blow" from a baseball player during a game? It's disgusting. The worst offender I can remember is an ex-Mets pitcher named Sid Fernandez. He would stand on the mound, [!@#%^&^] his head slightly and let an enormous one fly out! 893whatthe.gif

Ugh...the visual. 893frustrated.gif

It's very nice to see that the incredibly intelligent and politically correct profanity filter in this message board software has reasonably, logically, and appropriately obliterated your entirely unreasonable use of the common English language verb "to cawk." Bravo. What's next, Newspeak?

Beijim

• Administrator

We are working on a system that will grammatically analyze the contents of sentence to determine whether the usage of certain words employs its profane meaning or its more pedestrian one. The sophisticated application of some of the basic framework used in artificial intelligence research should allow us to differentiate these usages. This module will be ready some time around 2025. In the meantime, we have a slightly more awkward but serviceable system in place.

wink.gifstooges.gif

We are working on a system that will grammatically analyze the contents of sentence to determine whether the usage of certain words employs its profane meaning or its more pedestrian one. The sophisticated application of some of the basic framework used in artificial intelligence research should allow us to differentiate these usages. This module will be ready some time around 2025. In the meantime, we have a slightly more awkward but serviceable system in place.

wink.gifstooges.gif

893offtopic1.gifWe're talking about Farmer's Blows and you bring up masking? Please.

You guys need to live around here... Indoors, the hand is cupped under the nostril so that the ejectant is safely caught and kept off the rug, dog, etc. This has a flare of elegance about it. Ejecta, and associated contents, if substantial enough, are then tactfully removed into a proper sink or receptacle. Of course, such techniques were only developed when dirt floors went out of style. insane.gifinsane.gif

Hoot

This thread has been seriously hijacked, and not for some noble purpose either!

Yuck!

EVP

And some troll will point to this thread being on the top of the forum as proof that all we do over here is talk about PCGS. 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

This thread has been seriously hijacked, and not for some noble purpose either!

Yuck!

EVP

Come on. This Thread had, "PCGS" in the title. I'm surprised it didn't even get grosser!