• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I need some help on some modern commems...

2 posts in this topic

Ok, I am not very familiar with some of these, even though I was the one that bought them from the mint. So I guess I am wondering if any of these sets are "good" or "Bad." By good I mean they are worth at least what I paid for them from the mint, and by bad I would be lucky to get half of what I paid for them. Some of them I know are good, like the 98 RFK/Matte JFK set, or the unc NCS dollar, but the rest I need help with, so here they are:

1986 Proof SOL Half (I suspect this one is like the 82 Washingtons)

1991 Mount Rushmore 2-coin unc set

1991 Mount Rushmore 2-coin proof set

1992 Columbus 2-coin unc set

1992 Olympic 2-coin unc set

1993 Bill of Rights 2-coin unc set

1994 World Cup 2-coin set (not sure if unc or proof, no COA, but they are both D-mint and the dollar especially looks proof).

1995 Civil War Battlefield 2-coin unc set

1995 Olymic Proof Half (baseball)

1995 Olympic 2-coin proof set (track and cycling)

If any of you modern experts can offer any info on these coins, especially mintages and whether they are good or bad, please let me know.

Thanks!

Hi Jeff - I can give you an idea of whether these coins in 68/69 condition are worth less than or more than their original price and about how much...

1986 Proof SOL Half (I suspect this one is like the 82 Washingtons) - less, by about half.

1991 Mount Rushmore 2-coin unc set - about the same or less by about 25%.

1991 Mount Rushmore 2-coin proof set - less by about 25%.

1992 Columbus 2-coin unc set - less by about half.

1992 Olympic 2-coin unc set - I'm not sure, but I'd suspect less.

1993 Bill of Rights 2-coin unc set - About the same, but nice specimens can garner about a 25% premium (just by my own experience selling them).

1994 World Cup 2-coin set (not sure if unc or proof, no COA, but they are both D-mint and the dollar especially looks proof). - less by about 25%.

1995 Civil War Battlefield 2-coin unc set - about the same, but real nice specimens, particularly of the half, can garner a 50% or better premium.

1995 Olymic Proof Half (baseball) - I simply don't know, but the half dollars have done pretty well in 69 and 70 condition. The soccer coin is the most valuable at about 200-300% of its original price.

1995 Olympic 2-coin proof set (track and cycling) - About the same or 25% less than original price. The packaging is probably a plus.

Hope that helps, Hoot.