• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please Help ID Israel Commem

13 posts in this topic

I don't know. I guess I'm over my head here in more ways than one. I thought I had posted the picture with the message, but now I see it's an attachment, not an insert to the message. When I click on the attachment, it opens up the image, but I have no idea if that's working for anyone else. If not, apologies. I'll try posting it again, but since I obviously have no idea what I'm doing, I wouldn't hold my breath.

1759327-israellampcommemsm.jpeg.232c63a901c188b69ca60ed43412fdd8.jpeg

Attachments show up as just that - attachments on the post. They don't get imbedded.

For some reason, this attachment does not seem to want to imbed.

1759327-israellampcommemsm.jpeg

Dennis,

The image is on the previous message posted.

Can you attach a picture of the reverse of the coin, I will post it on here as well?

Rey

thats it i have all the information now thumbsup2.gif Cheers chad

the coin is a Commemorative coinage 1/2 Lirah copper nickel for the Feast pf purim

Dated JE5721 (1961) if it was a proof it would have small Hebrew letter "Mem" which looks like a letter D close to the rim on the Obv

There was only 20,000 minted of this coin and only 4,901 minted in Proof

hope this is some help hi.gif