• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Really nice set of Indians.........

8 posts in this topic

NICE i would love to send them all of to NGC

How much do you think the final bid will be ?

hi.gif

I'm sure they won't go cheap as there are a fair number of key dates in that set. The clear coat can likely be removed with an acetone dunk.

JJ

Thanks for the post on these. Regarding the "Protectant" that the seller mentions, not being that familiar with that, and realizing the various possible materials used, what are the repercussions of this on a coin such as these? What are the chances of proper and complete removal in order to have coins that will be encapsulated by NGC?

Thanks,

Rey

Thanks for the post on these. Regarding the "Protectant" that the seller mentions, not being that familiar with that, and realizing the various possible materials used, what are the repercussions of this on a coin such as these? What are the chances of proper and complete removal in order to have coins that will be encapsulated by NGC?

Thanks,

Rey

I think it's going to depend on what was used to coat them. If it were my set, I would take the least expensive coin and experiment with it. Most likely what ever it is will come off with Acetone or Mineral Spirits.

JJ

I've been watching this with interest and some of these coins appear to be absolutely beautiful and quite hard to find. I understand wanting to protect them as I have a 1862 that is minimum MS65 that developed verdigris, but to have the nerve to put a chemical on a set of coins like that is wild at least. I hope for whoever ends up with these that its not damaging and they can be conserved. I figure this auction to end in the $5-6K range. Wow!