• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1875-S double dime RPM's and other varieties

10 posts in this topic

I've long been fascinated with the history surrounding 1875-S 20 cent pieces, but I've only recently started looking into varieties. The 1875-S supposedly has a number of Repunched Mintmarks and at least one partial date in the denticles.

Does anyone know of a definitive list in addition to those noted by Breen?

Here's one RPM I got today.

1875s-s.jpg

It looks like a straight S punched over a slightly diagonal S.

It looks like you may have the $ variety. I don't mean $ in terms of "lots of money", rather, the two mintmarks look vaguely like a $ sign. I believe CONECA recently published an article detailing the known RPMs for the date.

Thanks, Tom.

That's what I thought, but gmarguli assured me I was wrong.

Does anyone know where I can get a copy of that article?

shocked.gifshocked.gifshocked.gifshocked.gifshocked.gifshocked.gif

I said I thought it was a different RPM than the $ variety. Look in the Breen book. The Cherrypicker's Guide also might have a picture of it.

Thanks, Tom.

I said I thought it was a different RPM than the $ variety. Look in the Breen book. The Cherrypicker's Guide also might have a picture of it.

What about when you called me names and tried to run over me again?! mad.gif

Does anyone know where I can get the CONECA article?

Thanks, Tom.

1) I call everyone else on the street names so you aren't special.

2) I didn't try to run you over, it's just that I couldn't see you from the drivers seat. Even though my car rides low, you stand lower than it.

3) I don't know about the CONECA article, but it shouldn't be hard to find a photo of this fairly common variety somewhere on the internet.

Thanks, Tom.

2) I didn't try to run you over, it's just that I couldn't see you from the drivers seat. Even though my car rides low, you stand lower than it.

3) I don't know about the CONECA article, but it shouldn't be hard to find a photo of this fairly common variety somewhere on the internet.

If your nose weren't stuck so high up in the air you could see and drive better.

I know RPM's are common for this date, but I'd like to read the article so I can see the most complete list of known RPM's.

Thanks, Tom.

If your nose weren't stuck so high up in the air you could see and drive better.

I know RPM's are common for this date, but I'd like to read the article so I can see the most complete list of known RPM's.

Nose up in the air? mad.gif And to think that I picked up (at least bid on, don't know if I won it yet) a copy of a guide to all the different chopmarked coins because I thought you'd like it. 893censored-thumb.gif