• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

In the process of purchasing an 1819 bustie

14 posts in this topic

I saw this 1819 listed on JJ Teaparty's website and just had to buy it so I scrounged up the funds. The coin is graded by PCGS so feel free to take a guess at the grade. Here are their pics of the coin. So what do you think of her? I will get some pics when I get her in hand. smile.gif

1819vg2.jpg

I would say VF35-XF40. The coin is gorgeous. Absolutely spectacular. Great find!

edited to add; the color, the eveness of wear, the overall look is rare, to get all of these things together in one coin.

I'll guess VF-20. I love the coin thumbsup2.gif. I’m even willing to put myself out on a limb and say that it appears to have an intact original patina.

That's what I was thinking, but the eagles right wing kinda threw me off. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I'll guess VF-20. I love the coin thumbsup2.gif. I’m even willing to put myself out on a limb and say that it appears to have an intact original patina.

That's what I was thinking, but the eagles right wing kinda threw me off. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

IMHO These DBH and CBHs are the hardest to grade because it’s so difficult to know what is wear and what is strike. Perhaps someday one of the more knowledgeable BH collectors can elaborate on what to look for...

On the bright side, you weren’t way off like Mike thumbsup2.giftongue.gif