• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Graders Wanted

23 posts in this topic

• Administrator

Numismatic Guaranty Corporation will be accepting resumes for a position on its grading team. While candidates should already possess a broad base of knowledge, NGC will provide additional training as needed. Experience in grading modern era coins is required. Salary is commensurate with experience with benefits and opportunity for advancement. Must be willing to relocate to the Sarasota, Florida.

Fax resumes in confidence to 941.360.2555 Attn: Steve Eichenbaum or email at Steve@CollectiblesGroup.com

I would love to grade modern proof error coins such as the PMM, and the recent spiked head proof error die cracks. They have been reported in Coneca, and Numismatic News. When do I start, and how much is the pay?

Thanks,

Pat McNulty

KINGKOIN KING OF KOINS

insane.gifinsane.gifinsane.gifinsane.gifinsane.gifinsane.gifmakepoint.gifmakepoint.gifmakepoint.gifmakepoint.gif

Experience in grading modern era coins is required.

Interesting. Are modern coins becoming that big of a part of NGC's business that they need another grader in the modern area or is it just that NGC wants a regular grader with a little knowledge of moderns?

Salary is commensurate with experience with benefits and opportunity for advancement.

Opportunity for advancement? What does that mean? After a while you're not stuck grading pocket change and you're allowed to grade real coins? 27_laughing.gif

Experience in grading modern era coins is required.

Interesting. Are modern coins becoming that big of a part of NGC's business that they need another grader in the modern area or is it just that NGC wants a regular grader with a little knowledge of moderns?

Salary is commensurate with experience with benefits and opportunity for advancement.

Opportunity for advancement? What does that mean? After a while you're not stuck grading pocket change and you're allowed to grade real coins? 27_laughing.gif

Greg, is that the proper form for an Ambassador to take? blush.gif

It will be cool if one of the board members gets to get one of these jobs. grin.gif

Hey, I would do it but I don't think I can live on $2 an hour. 27_laughing.gif

Unfortunately, I would go in with a strong head along the lines of the way I grade coins, not how others would prefer me to grade, although I would most likely learn a great deal but weak strikes and distracting marks in the focal areas of coins do not belong in 65 and up mint state grades. 893blahblah.gif

Leo

Someone already has. grin.gif

Starting Sept 3rd, I'll be joining NGC/NCS through the internship program and from there, we'll see what happens.

Like I said... send in your info, you never know what might happen.

Good luck, Matt, with your internship. Being a professional grader, I believe, is a very tough job. It combines immense technical skill with a knack for handling the repitious.

EVP

Honestly, it says much for your perseverance. But, grading avg circ coins is much easier than grading higher-end MS and PF coins because the qualitative difference between grade jumps is much tighter at that level.

EVP

And now back to that other off topic subject. grin.gif

Wouldn't it be great if all MS65 graded coins had at least one thing in common.

And MS66 graded coins had two. MS67...........3?

Leo

Oh yes, I'm aware... especially in the 65+ range.

I'm looking forward to the challenge and hope to learn as mucha s possible and find a niche with NGC that I can fill.

Should be fun though!

Numismatic Guaranty Corporation will be accepting resumes for a position on its grading team. While candidates should already possess a broad base of knowledge, NGC will provide additional training as needed. Experience in grading modern era coins is required. Salary is commensurate with experience with benefits and opportunity for advancement. Must be willing to relocate to the Sarasota, Florida.

Fax resumes in confidence to 941.360.2555 Attn: Steve Eichenbaum or email at Steve@CollectiblesGroup.com

Ever consider doing some sort of grading test at one of the major shows (Long Beach?)? I'm sure many of us would like be interested in seeing if we had what it takes to grade at NGC.

Building off what Gregg said (I can't believe that I said that!), it might be a interesting test of potential candidates, despite their credentials, to give a comprehensive grading test to prospective graders (if you don't already). Lot's of very experienced collectors and pro's in this industry can not grade Peace Dollars, inclused gold, Buffalo Nickels, circulated Seated or early copper.

Dena:

Would you accept a resume from a collector that has knowledge learned in the hobby with respect to grading. What kind of training program to you offer? As a grader are you still able to maintain your collections and continue in the hobby? Thanks,