• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Postal Rate Hike: It's Gonna Kill Us

8 posts in this topic

Yeah, the 1oz rate increase for packages really sucks, but how many 1oz packages do you mail out?

My most usual weight is 3oz. This is a 60c increase or 69%. Looks large, but not likely going to have a major impact. Besides, I'll just pass all the higher costs along to the buyers.

Here are some hits that aren't getting much notice:

Delivery Confirmation (Electronic Version): From 14c to 18c

Delivery Confirmation (Paper Version): From 60c to 75c

Signature Confirmation (Electronic Label): From $1.35 to $1.75

Signature Confirmation (Paper Label): From $1.90 to $2.10

Registered Mail: From $7.90 to $9.50. We already have the highest cost of Registered Mail in the world and it keeps going up! mad.gif

Insurance ($100): From $2.30 to $2.45. They are adding a $50-$100 Tier to their rates.

Express Mail Insurance seems to have dropped for $500+ insurance: From $1.05 per $100 to $1.35 per $500.

Since this seems to apply only to first class packages I wonder if bubble mailers will get by on the lower rate. I'm also wondering how these rates compare to those of Fedex, UPS, DHL, etc.

Sorry But I am not getting on the WHINE wagon. I think the PO's do a trmendous job and thier service is way undervalued as compared to the rest of the world.

Hike away

When they become OVER value for thier services then I will complain.

But you do save a fortune on you petrol prices

At the rate we’re going, it feels like it won’t be long before we’re in line with our mates across the pond with that also. tonofbricks.gif

John