• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My Draped Bust Denominations

Half Cent: Is it a keeper or a candidate for an upgrade?  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Half Cent: Is it a keeper or a candidate for an upgrade?

13 posts in this topic

half cent, cent, dime, quarter and half dollar.

Some are destined for upgrades but some are definite keepers.

1804HalfCent.jpg1803LargeCent.jpg1710279-1805DrapedBustDime.jpg1806DrapedBustQuarter.jpg1806hdcomp.jpg

That half just blows away all others causing you to have to upgrade all said coins but the half. wink.gifpoke2.gif

That half just blows away all others causing you to have to upgrade all said coins but the half. wink.gifpoke2.gif

I certainly can't argue with that! thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif Even though you are a little biased. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif Wonder why? grin.gif But, the exception is the dime! It is scores better than the picture shows: completely original and problem free! The half cent is also a keeper. The others.......... gossip.gif

It all depends upon your budget. The quarter is the weakest coin of the group followed by the dime because it's been cleaned. The cent is a little porous but OK, but then again I'm very "talented" when comes to buying copper. The half cent is a nice coin and not the most common 1804 variety. (Plain 4, stemless is by a mile) It has probably been cleaned at some point so the slabbers won't like it unless they are in certain mood. Still to copper people it is certainly OK. And the half dollar is just plain pleasant.

Sadly the dime and the quarter might be the hardest to upgrade.

dime has not been cleaned just an extremely to the max over exposed poor photo

the dime will be many thousands for an upgrade

hard to judge from photos impossible from this particular photo

i totally disagree with you bill jones devil.gif