• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Will dealers pay any premium for saca dollars or susan b anthony dollars?

4 posts in this topic

My grandpa for my birthday gave me several (9 or so) sacajaweal golden dollars and susan b anthony dollars. Since these coins are no longer made for circulation, will dealers pay any premium over the face value of them? I was just going to spend them as regular money but I'm going to a coin store tommorrow and if I can get a premium for them I'd rather sell them for over face value then spend them in circulation.

It really depends if these are uncirculated or not. It would be wise if maybe you looked at PCGS's website and find what you have and the variety. There are some different types before you just spend them that you may want to look for.

Usually, no they will not. The exceptions would be if you had a variety, a high grade example, or required the sale of these to complete a large transaction. Dealers don't want to buy them because they can't generally sell them, and they can often get better prices by buying rolls anyways.