• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I have so much more respect for Heritage, not that they've been selected to ...

10 posts in this topic

That diary and some memorabilia could be very valuable. One might consider buying them and then publishing a book. You could hit the jackpot.

$1200+ estimate for a receipt for Howard Marshall giving her a pearl necklace.

1) There's a joke in there that I will not make.

2) I'd sooner light twelve $100 bills on fire than waste money on something like this.

While I'm not a fan of this sale either, we have should be openminded enough to realize that Heritage is a major auctioneer of much more than the coins that are so beloved by most of us.

While I'm not a fan of this sale either, we have should be openminded enough to realize that Heritage is a major auctioneer of much more than the coins that are so beloved by most of us.
Do they also auction many coins that are not loved by many of us?

This memorabilia should do worse over the longer term that the Jackie Onassis sale. I have heard (second hand) that money of those items have sold for much lower prices than the original auction.

Gee, is there any chance they're just trying to cash in on all the hype? I mean, how many of you are really SO enamored with Anna Nicole Smith that you want to own her driver's license?

Or is it the same as wanting a coin once owned by Jules Reiver 893scratchchin-thumb.gif.

Look... Heritage Auctions is a business, so they are looking for the best way to make money. Even if you did not like Anna Nicole Smith or just do not like the circus that her death caused, it makes good business sense for an auction house like Heritage to have these items. Aside from being famous, the buzz around her death will drive up the prices of these items. If I was running Heritage, I would look for more ANS memorability to sell. Get the money now before the market cools!

As a previous buyer at Heritage for items other than coins, you would be surprised at the offers they have. I just received a catalog for Ventura collection of sci-fi and fantasy books. I did not read much about the auction, but I am not interested. But because I am not into vintage sci-fi or fantasy books does not mean I will stop buying from Heritage!

BTW: I recently purchased an FDR dime with a clipped panchet graded XF45 by ANACS (new holder) from Heritage. Before I could take a picture (it was a neat clip), I flipped it for twice what I paid (including buyers premium and shipping). So there are bargains to be found!!

Scott hi.gif