• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Q. David Bowers RECEIVES ANA'S EXEMPLARY SERVICE AWARD

5 posts in this topic

You're not wrong in your facts. However, if there is anyone alive in numismatics today that deserves an award for the type of person he is, QDB is at the top of that list.

He got canned or left depending on how you want to view it for reasons unrelated to what this award is given for.

Being canned by HRH may not be considered by many to be necessarily a negative reflection on one's character. Dave Bowers has contributed a great deal to this hobby and is most deserving of this award.

Q.David.Bowers! A name that I have held in the highest numismatic regard and admiration since I was just a kid. To this day just the name in print commands my immediate interest and attention. A true giant of the coin collecting hobby.

CONGRADULATIONS DAVE ON A WELL DESERVED AWARD!

What an incredibly deserving individual. I just love all of about 10 of his books that I own. He has been an amazing author and has contributed immensely to this hobby.

I met him for the first time in Baltimore this summer. He was very genuine and kind. He took a couple of minutes to say hello to a nobody as myself, greeted me warmly, and wished me well with sincerity. The ripples of a few kind words cross the vastness of time. My hat is off to QDB.

Hoot