• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A 23 S Peace,,

6 posts in this topic

Hey maulemall, I don't really know what to figure on these 2 coins that you posted, the morgan in the other post and this one. The look like they;ve been cleaned or dip to me. the peace is the worse of the 2. Like maybe it has been somewhat restored from a bad state or something. I'm definately no expert on these but this would be my impression if I saw them. Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. I'm here to learn.

Hey maulemall, I don't really know what to figure on these 2 coins that you posted, the morgan in the other post and this one. The look like they;ve been cleaned or dip to me. the peace is the worse of the 2. Like maybe it has been somewhat restored from a bad state or something. I'm definately no expert on these but this would be my impression if I saw them. Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. I'm here to learn.
I'm using a scanner so the luster is somewhat muted on both coins.Both are Raw and were bought as BU.

the peace looks more thumbed to me. the way the flow goes on coin and where the tone ends by the li in liberty. i also use scanner for my pics on my sets i think it works fine if you go into the options and use genuine color so the glare is dulled. dont know for sure on lots but hp scanners work gr8 for slabs.

What kinda scanner are you using? Does it do well with slabs? Need to procure one.
I have an HP 5470c..It's about 5 years old.at the time it was rather pricy but I got the negative attachment so I could scan all my pics to the computer...