• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Attn: Arch

7 posts in this topic

Can you fix this problem?

I log in to the boards on both my home and work computers but the two logins are completely independent.

i.e. I can vote on polls twice. Read posts on one computer do not show up on the other. It is like there is no trace that I have been on the boards when I switch from one computer to the other.

Can you fix it?

Same here. That's because poll voting is based on IP address and post reading is based on cookies on your individual computer. At least, that is what I believe it is.

• Administrator

The poll voting is IP address dependent. No fix.

The read posts is tracked with your login, but only resets when new sessions are created I think.

So if you read a bunch of stuff at work, leave your browser open, then go home to your computer where the browser has been open the whole time and just go to the boards, that updated status won't show.

But if you go home, close the browser (all browser windows) then open again and go to the boards, the read posts should update.

Alternatively you could log out and log back in as well without closing the browser.

So if you read a bunch of stuff at work, leave your browser open, then go home to your computer where the browser has been open the whole time and just go to the boards, that updated status won't show.

How did you know that about me? confused.gif Do you have spyware checking up on me, Arch? 893whatthe.gif

Thanks for the feedback. thumbsup2.gif

Good grief Victor. I suppose you have the forums set as your home page too. 893whatthe.gif

You need to get a life. Maybe get out and travel a bit, meet a girl. I hear some aisan women might be be desparate enough to consider even a guy like you. devil.gif

Good grief Victor. I suppose you have the forums set as your home page too. 893whatthe.gif

You need to get a life. Maybe get out and travel a bit, meet a girl. I hear some aisan women might be be desparate enough to consider even a guy like you. devil.gif

Ouch!

grin.gif