• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I would like to buy some fake 1943 "copper" cents ...

9 posts in this topic

... for strictly educational purposes. I need examples to show to other collectors. Ideally, I need a couple or so copper-plated steel cents, but if anyone happens to have a cast or struck fake, that would be awesome. Please let me know. Again, it's for educational purposes only. The coins will never be sold for a profit!!!!

hi.gif

I have not got any fake 43's but i do have some 1944 Belgium 2 Francs which were struck on 1943 cent blanks..

If you look on my Ebay sale there are some listed but i am sure there are some more in a box someware thumbsup2.gif

Yeah, I considered the eBay idea, but wanted to avoid it for two reasons, #1 excessive price, and #2 the idea that I could be inadvertently helping out a scammer. I was hoping someone might save me those two hassles.

Would it be reasonably easy to copper plate them yourself with an electrolysis set? I know nothing about copper plating but could be interesting.

James this may help... even if it is ebay...

copper penny

That's cheaper than some of the other ones I've seen on there. I have noticed James that most of these copper penny auctions are stating they are either replicas or gag gifts. I haven't seen many scammers lately trying to pass them off as the real deal.