• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Allowing other grading services into registry

6 posts in this topic

I was wondering if in the future or if it has been asked before to allow other grading services into the registry besides just NGC and PCGS? I am not implying anything by this but I do have other coins from other grading companies that seem to qualify for the registry. Maybe I don't fully understand about the registry as yet. I do understand that maybe some of the other grading services don't have a high a standard as the ones already excepted into the registry but sometimes they are the same in ANA standards as NGC and PCGS. Its just a question. To be honest it may get more collectors interested in joining the Collectors Society to register these coin. Thanks for help.

PapaG

• Administrator

NGC and PCGS coins are exclusively included in the NGC Registry due to their market acceptance amongst collectors and dealers alike. At this time, we do not have plans to accept coins from other services for the Registry.

Dena,

Any chance of allowing NCS-slabbed coins into the registry? They can only be space fillers, and be allocated the minimum 3 points.

After all, one of the goals of the registry is to promote collecting. And, an impaired but authentic coin like a Gobrecht is still a nice coin to own!

JMO,

EVP

• Administrator

Hi EVP!

This is something I've had in the back of my mind for a while but haven't fully thought it through. We have been preoccupied with some other Registry/web improvements.

We do not have plans at this time to include NCS coins but it is definitely something we can think about.

I appreciate the suggestion. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks!

Dena

I agree with EVP, especially when it comes to Saints, which I collect. There are many dates that are extremely difficult to find, and having one that might be cleaned but otherwise genuine should have opportunity to be added. The fact that I may buy a nice but cleaned 1924-S Saint at Long Beach shouldn't preclude me from adding it to the registry and sharing photos with others. NCS offers a perfect opportunity to add such rare coins with problems to your registry.