• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

what the heck is it!

13 posts in this topic

this is a coin i got for 5 dollors! it was dirt black! after about 2 days in the ultrasonic cleaner with distilled water. now im dealing with white / grey look that just doesnt want to come off. ive tried e-z-est,and acetone,and koinsolve. and nothing happens this was a test coin and i still havnt used any cloth on it. what do you all think it is?

barberhalfrev.jpg

cleanedhalfrev.jpg

barberhalfobv.jpg

cleanedhalfobv.jpg

I do some occasional metal detecting and IMHO, I would think if this was completely black, that it may have been in soil for a long time. You may be looking at some set-in soil deposits that trying to get all of it out may completely take away any natural coin finish that's left. Just a guess!! confused-smiley-013.gif

MunkyMan95 - Sat Apr 07 2007 11:34 AM

bsshog40 - Sat Apr 07 2007 12:25 PM

I'm starting to see a pattern here 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

27_laughing.gif You're actually seeing me 1 hour ahead also Chad. It's 11:43 right now in TX. So I'm actually closer than you think!! devil.gif27_laughing.gif

27_laughing.gif You're actually seeing me 1 hour ahead also Chad. It's 11:43 right now in TX. So I'm actually closer than you think!! devil.gif27_laughing.gif

So Bobby posted 10min before you, Chad!! Who is the stalker?

So Bobby posted 10min before you, Chad!! Who is the stalker?

Finally, the calvary arrives!! 893applaud-thumb.gif thanks zrlevin

If the question was asking what the coin is, which is how I read the origional question, then Chad... Forget the order, you answered the question.

If it was about a soil sample then... Bobby can read between the lines :-)

WHAT?! I'm so confused... My post showed up first. Bobby's still my shadow.
\

When he posted, it was 11:25

When you posted, it was 11:34

27_laughing.gif