• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What you think this IHC is worth?

18 posts in this topic

A little steep for an XF 1906, especially considering the dings in the field and on the cheek. You should be able to pick up a decent XF for around 10 bucks if you're a little patient.

Bobby

One thing to always look for on IHC's is Verdigris, this is a corrosion that is incurable and destroys any value to the coin. Look at the top right of the wreath just next to the shield on the reverse and it looks like a small reddish looking patch in the leaves. This is usually a sure sign of corrosion and on a brown coin you must look for it. Before buying any IHC I take the coin picture and enlarge it to check for this. I have been burnt more than once on a beautiful IHC that turned out to have this. I have bought many 1900 up BU IHC's for under thirty dollars on Ebay so spend a little time.Good luck.

Yea JIm, I've been noticing this on alot of IHC's I was looking at. I'm not really an IHC collector, but wouldn't mind finding one nice one to have. I have the feeling, a nice one will cost some bucks tho'. Most of the one's I seen that were Uncir. were going from $50-up. One of these days, I was just looking. thanks for your help. thumbsup2.gif

As a dealer I can tell you that selling common date Indian cents in this grade is not easy for the prices listed in the catalogs. Casual collectors are looking for coin in Good to VG that they can buy for a buck or so. More advanced collectors are willing to spring for Mint State, which so long as they are NOT "red," sell for modest prices, $40 to $60. Coins in EF tend to sit in the case or album unless they are priced a strong discounts.

bsshog... I too think you'd be wise to pass on that particular coin. I just purchased a 1901 IHC (raw) that grades MS62/63-ish for just over $20. Ray.. I think the coin does have AU details but I'm seeing haze in the fields...artifact of a scan perhaps?

L

bsshog... I too think you'd be wise to pass on that particular coin. I just purchased a 1901 IHC (raw) that grades MS62/63-ish for just over $20. Ray.. I think the coin does have AU details but I'm seeing haze in the fields...artifact of a scan perhaps?

L

Yea all, I passed on this last nite and actually bought an 1857 flying cent (maybe "Fine") for $15.00 (includes s&h). thanks for your help.

Thank ya sirs. I will post a pic when I get it in hand. I was on a roll last nite for deals I guess. I also got a 1966 SMS Jefferson NGC MS68 for $15.52 total. thumbsup2.gif