• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Toned Commeratives - Show 'Em Off

78 posts in this topic

For those Commerative collectors, show off your beauties - (try and restrain yourself to 1 per post). I'll start - although I don't own this one any more, it is very attractive.

1946BTWMS66NGC303201201.jpg

Long Island looks AT. boo.gif

Since I can't seem to find any images of my US toned commems, here is a foreign commem. It's celebrating the German victory over France. Graded NGC MS66 (top pop!)

bavaria-victory.jpg

I really don't care either way. It looks nice, is in a legit holder and was bought from a wannabee. What more could I want! thumbsup2.gif

I really don't care either way. It looks nice, is in a legit holder and was bought from a wannabee. What more could I want! thumbsup2.gif

Long Island looks just fine on my screen! cool.gif

I'm pretty sure it is OK. I bought it from Greg so he's giving me a little poke2.gif since he's a coin doctor and all.

I'm pretty sure it is OK. I bought it from Greg so he's giving me a little poke2.gif since he's a coin doctor and all.

I'm just screwing with James. The Long Island is 100% natural toning.

Hey, with all these "Toned XYZ - Show 'Em Off" posts by a certain board member, maybe we ought to have a "Toned Ron - Show 'Im Off" post... Pictures of Ron when he is "colorful". headbang.gif

Oh, and to stay on point,...

Connecticut65.jpg

Hey, with all these "Toned XYZ - Show 'Em Off" posts by a certain board member, maybe we ought to have a "Toned Ron - Show 'Im Off" post... Pictures of Ron when he is "colorful". headbang.gif

Hey Sky - what do I know? - The only decent toned comm I ever owned is posted at the begining of this thread - I have never collected comms - got very lucky when I found that BTW raw at Mich State - but I did know enough to buy it.

This thread is for everyone else - I have no more coins to post here -

Nice one, John! I just got this one today. Is your Pan Pac the S/S variety?

Thanks Chris. You picked up a nice looking PanPac, are you getting into early commems? My PanPac is the normal S. How about your's? I know that there are supposed to be two repunched MM varieties, but I have never seen either on any of the PanPac's I've seen in person.

John

Nice commemoratives all!! I have a commemorative that looks like it has toning. Nope, looked again and it's blue haze!!! 27_laughing.gif The infamous Ben Franklin hazing syndrome!

In an effort to make jom feel better, I'll post this.

1738750-1936delawareobv.jpg1738751-1936delawarerev.jpg

I'm hoping that he will be calmed by thoughts of a nice sea journey.

John

frustrated.giffrustrated.gif

jom

Nice one, John! I just got this one today. Is your Pan Pac the S/S variety?

Thanks Chris. You picked up a nice looking PanPac, are you getting into early commems? My PanPac is the normal S. How about your's? I know that there are supposed to be two repunched MM varieties, but I have never seen either on any of the PanPac's I've seen in person.

John

No, I'm not really getting into them per se. I only buy those that have a nice design or other special appeal. Like the modern commems, many of early commems are just plain boring to me. The Pan Pac I bought today is an RPM.

1739173-1915PANPACRPM.jpg

Chris

1739173-1915PANPACRPM.jpg.cef7eb38839c52fbd19d3529f9303bf7.jpg