• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What would you do?

17 posts in this topic

The last of the money that I have from selling some unwanted coins is almost gone. I'm starting to panic. insane.gif The wife wants a deck so I will not be able to reach into my pocket for my coin purchases. I had already mentioned the possibility of selling some extra 20th anniversary silver eagle sets in recent posts. But I think I will wait on selling those. I been looking through my stuff and there isnt much that I want to part with (except some SILVER E.T. rounds but I think im stuck with them, lol) I have a a couple 1 oz silver bars and a few Silver commemoratives that I paid less than melt for but even if I sold it all i doubt it would get me $300. My only other current option is using some Rolls of Washington Dollars and State Quarters. I have 10 unc rolls of Washington Dollars and 65 unc rolls of State Quarters (2005-2007). What would you do to sooth your coin addiction? I could open all the rolls and look for some errors and buy coins with the rest that would take a little time. Or would you try to sell the unopened rolls, I dont imagine there would be much profit though. Or would you just hold on to the rolls and take a 3 month break from purchasing anymore coins. (scary thought) Christo_pull_hair.gif

sig.jpg

sig.jpg

Consolidate the collection. I’d sell the rolls, even if they went at face value. I’d sell the ET coins for whatever people would pay for them on ebay. See what else you can part with and sell that also. Use that money to carefully search for the right coin for your collection…

Use your work money to buy your wife the deck she wants. A happy wife makes a happy man.

I don't think it would take long to search thru a few rolls of dollars and quarters. You have $900 worth of rolls. You only need $350. Take ya about 4 rolls of dollars, search them, if nothing unique, there's $100. That leaves 25 rolls of quarters. Take some duplicate rolls and use them. There's your $350 for the deck. If these are bank rolls, they should still be easy to replace down the road without much loss. You could still always list your bullion silver on ebay for a little extra cash.

Give your wife a deck of Bicycle Playing Cards and tell her the rest will come later.

You'd probably get more selling the rolls.

Chris

There's your $350 for the deck.

lol, I dont know where you got $350 for the deck. But I sure wish you were right.

Boy I don't know where I got it either. I read your post and I could've swore you said you need $350 for your wife's deck. I'm getting senile in my old age. 27_laughing.gif

Give your wife a deck of Bicycle Playing Cards and tell her the rest will come later.

lol, that could be dangerous. I could see my wife coming home with $50 of groceries and telling me she used my change that she happened to find laying around. lol.

$350 for a deck? Maybe if you built it yourself (and it was a small deck.) Multiply that number by 10.
And Pray that there is no Hurricane or Tornados or any of a number of 893censored-thumb.gif reasons that they use to jack prices,,,

I'd say to keep the quarters and don't buy coins for 3 months. It would be good discipline. Lord knows I need it. crazy.gif "This will be my last coin for a while" should be my mantra since I say it so often.

lol, that could be dangerous. I could see my wife coming home with $50 of groceries and telling me she used my change that she happened to find laying around. lol.

sign-funnypost.gifIn that case, make sure you leave nothing but BB'ed coins and sliders lying around. Be sure to hide the 2003, MS70 Lincoln.

Chris

"This will be my last coin for a while" should be my mantra since I say it so often.

My philosophy always seems to be, "This will be the last coin I will buy for a while................................until I see another that I like."

Chris

"This will be my last coin for a while" should be my mantra since I say it so often.

My philosophy always seems to be, "This will be the last coin I will buy for a while................................until I see another that I like."

Chris

Exactly. A majority of my purchases are made as an opportunity arises. My two most recent purchases (1879 MS64 half and 1805 F15 dime) were presented to me. They were extraordinary coins and a rare opportunity to own so I did not hesitate.

Sometimes I wish the timing was better but the spoils goes to the one who does not hesitate.

So, boardsers! Hock your watch, sell your car or indenture your children but go out and buy those MS/PR 70 coins while the getting is good! ........NOT! tongue.gif

I view the rolls of quarters and dollars as dead money and would simply bring them to my bank and deposit them. Perhaps you could get more for them via some other venue, but you would also have to factor in time and hassle.

Explain to your wife that you will build the deck the same way you build your collection.... one coin at a time. In this case, one plank at a time. Sure it may take a couple of years to finish, but fiscal responsibility is something that even coin collectors and deckers must practice.

Explain to your wife that you will build the deck the same way you build your collection.... one coin at a time. In this case, one plank at a time. Sure it may take a couple of years to finish, but fiscal responsibility is something that even coin collectors and deckers must practice.

Yes, but before telling her this, be sure to place a silver dollar in the freezer so it will be nice and cold when you need it to put on the black eye you’ll be getting. grin.gif

John