• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I posted this across the street and thought you guys would find it interesting

9 posts in this topic

What suprised me was how UBER FREAKIN COOL it is to see your stuff sell.

I did something That I thought would be a bit of a test as far as selling in slabs go.

1988P $10.00 Gold Eagle NGC PR69 UCAM sold for$133.00

1991P $10.00 Gold Eagle PCGS PR69 DCAM sold for 132.50

NGC MS67Rd DDO Lincoln Cent .....Sweet coin sold for $61.85

PCGS MS 67RD DDO Lincoln sold for $51.01

It tells me that people are buying the coin.

grin.gif

Its nice to see someone buy the coin and not the holder, but those numbers are unusual for a Lincoln cent. I have found Lincoln Cents to be among the hardest coins to sell in an NGC slab. Its a shame too, because (Keithdagen probably feels the same way after his beautiful 2003's in MS68 and MS69 went for so little) the majority of the coins are super-nice and solid for the grade!

Its nice to see someone buy the coin and not the holder, but those numbers are unusual for a Lincoln cent. I have found Lincoln Cents to be among the hardest coins to sell in an NGC slab. Its a shame too, because (Keithdagen probably feels the same way after his beautiful 2003's in MS68 and MS69 went for so little) the majority of the coins are super-nice and solid for the grade!

I agree. PCGS graded Lincolns usually sell for more than NGC ones. I'm not sure if I would believe the 1 point tighter than some people suggest, but they are tighter.

As for the prices Keith received, $33 for the MS69 might be cheap. Across the street Wondercoin offered some PCGS MS69s for $100.These were $200 coins a few weeks ago. Lots of people are reporting that these coins are coming super nice. This is a coin that already has a pop of over 70 at PCGS and people are just getting their mint sets. I wouldn't be surprised to see these selling for under $50 in the next 6 months.

The $15-$20 he got for the MS68s is pretty good. The pops on these are quite large and it is clear these are going to be easy to find in large quantities. Expect these to be $10 coins in the coming months.

As for the $16 for the MS68PL, there is no market for these right now. Maybe in the future, but I bet most people interested in this coin would have been just as interested in it had it not had the PL designation.

Some of the 68's were better than others. The first round listed was stunning, and I would be willing to bet that the two 69's I had would easily cross to PCGS.

The real disappointement was the Jefferson. Two MS-66's of the other service sold for $180 on Teletrade a few weeks back. Somebody got a nice Jefferson there at a bargain in my opinion. I do think that this year's Mint sets are a lot nicer than people realize. Already seeing MS-69 Sacs and quarters on E-bay.

As for the prices Keith received, $33 for the MS69 might be cheap. Across the street Wondercoin offered some PCGS MS69s for $100.These were $200 coins a few weeks ago. Lots of people are reporting that these coins are coming super nice. This is a coin that already has a pop of over 70 at PCGS and people are just getting their mint sets. I wouldn't be surprised to see these selling for under $50 in the next 6 months.

Yeah, this was a year that Lincoln cents were not going to be money-makers. To easy to get the money coin. I sold the first, and decided to keep the second one for my Type set. What are the odds I'll find another MS-69 cent in the future?

I have 21 raw high grade 2003-P's up on ebay right now. It doesn't make any sense having them certified. The chances of any selling are nezt to nil. 27_laughing.gif

One of them could be a MS70RD but I'm not wasting anymore of my money to find out.

Leo

The grading services are flooded with moderns. Pops are going up and prices are coming down.

Kindda stuck on this theme aren't you? The grading services are flooded with moderns because they are increasing in popularity. If the increased supply does force down some prices, the fact remains that moderns are gaining in popularity. How will this affect the prices of moderns with mintages of a few coins? How will this affect the prices of moderns which survive in very small numbers?

If there is a decrease in price then the exponential increase in demand should take up the increased supply in short order.