• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Update - Grades Are In

38 posts in this topic

Received the grades on a few Washington Quarters finally.

1940 D/D VP-002, MS-65, 1of 2/0 in Pop Census at 65 and 1 of 6 total in Pop Census. cloud9.gif (this was posted last month prior to grade results)

1935 D MS-64 thumbsup2.gif (only have an obverse pic now)

1932 S MS (Cleaned) tonofbricks.giffrustrated.gifforeheadslap.gif (very disapointing - I studied it hard prior to sending in, may be worth a second opionion)

1940WashingtonQtrRepunchedD_0001.jpg

1940WashingtonQtrRepunchedD_0002-1.jpg

1935DObv.jpg

1932SObv.jpg

1932SRev.jpg

1940 D/D VP-002, MS-65, 1 of 2 in Registry at 65 and 1 of 6 total in Registry. cloud9.gif (this was posted last month prior to grade results)
Congrats! That's excellent thumbsup2.gif Usually people post pop numbers like 2/0 meaning 2 in grade 65 with none higher. That would be the case if the other for are 64 or lower. Also, typically people say in the Pop(ulation)/Census since the Registry is voluntary and missing many graded coins. Just FYI smile.gif
1932 S MS (Cleaned) tonofbricks.giffrustrated.gifforeheadslap.gif (very disapointing - I studied it hard prior to sending in, may be worth a second opionion)
PCGS has been observed to be more lenient on cleaned coins than NGC so you might try them.

rbrown4---- Nice grades on the first two. Sorry about the 32S. However, I agree with either trying PCGS or waiting awhile and resubmitting to NGC.

Another little story. I had a 32S in Ch Au. Paid 60 bucks for it as a kid. Had that coin for years and years. Finally awhile back I did submit it to NGC for grading. I too got a BB for cleaning. I could not believe it was so. I bet I turned it upside down trying to find those hairlines that I knew had to be there somewhere. Sure enough---one day I had the coin in direct sunlight. Tilted it a certain way. Hairlines were indeed there. Felt sooooo stupid. Try various light sources and tilt it a hundred different ways---at various angles.

One of the reasons that I tell folks about my mistakes---though they are few [ Ha! Ha! ] is to not prejudge NGC. Those folks are very good. Most of the time---after I look for awhile---I have found that NGC was indeed correct. After a period of years, one does get better. Hard to beat a guy at his own game. Bob [supertooth]

Here are two more new grading results, so I thought I would just add to this post.

1853 Silver 3 C Type 1 MS-63 and 1832 Half Dime LM-7 MS-64 - 1/0.

18533cents.jpg

1853reverse.jpg

1832H10CLM-7Obv.jpg

1832H10CLM-7Rev.jpg

Here are two more new grading results, so I thought I would just add to this post.

1853 Silver 3 C Type 1 MS-63 and 1832 Half Dime LM-7 MS-64 - 1/0.

18533cents.jpg

1853reverse.jpg

1832H10CLM-7Obv.jpg

1832H10CLM-7Rev.jpg

Two more great examples I really like the half disme takeit.gifthumbsup2.gif

Sorry the picture of the dsime is not that good, was taken before I sent the coin off and before I got a nice camera. Will photo when I get it back.

Rey

Thanks everyone for the positive feeback and comments, it is very much appreciated.

I figured that I would just add to the original post with the newly graded coins. Less posts running around that way.

Rey

I wasn't expecting a MS-65 out of this Gettysburg Commemorative but that is what the status showed as of today.

Got a 66 on my Texas commemorative as well but I do not currently have a picture of it.

GettysburgAnniversary1936_0001.jpg

GettysburgAnniversary1936_0002.jpg

Wow Rey!!! You're on some kind of a lucky streak. yay.gif I think I'll send my coins to you and you can submit them for me. grin.gif

I'll say, congrats on both of the coins Rey 893applaud-thumb.gif

Just an end result of the efforts of my father over the years. It is truly amazing and I am so blessed to be able to become a part of it and to also be able to share and gain such insight from all of you out there. I have probably said this before but this is a journey that is unmatched by any other.

Thanks and Regards,

Rey

Now, do I throw in the kicker for the week or should I wait...............................

Now, do I throw in the kicker for the week or should I wait...............................

You gotta be kidding. foreheadslap.gif Throw it. I can take it. cloud9.gif

You gotta be kidding. foreheadslap.gif Throw it. I can take it. cloud9.gif

popcorn.gifpopcorn.gifjuggle.gif I can't take anymore shy.gifbumpit.gif

1787 Fugio Cent , States United, 4 Cinquefoils after Date, Pointed Rays, BN, XF-40.

And I was worried about it being real, my dad had it marked in his Red Book as genuine but after all the stories I have heard.....

FugioCent1787_0001-1.jpg

FugioCent1787_0002.jpgyay.gif, yay.gif

1787 Fugio Cent , States United, 4 Cinquefoils after Date, Pointed Rays, BN, XF-40.

And I was worried about it being real, my dad had it marked in his Red Book as genuine but after all the stories I have heard.....

FugioCent1787_0001-1.jpg

FugioCent1787_0002.jpgyay.gif, yay.gif

Very similar to my VF 35. Nice bit of history.

FugioObv127.jpg

FugioRev128.jpgthumbsup2.gif