• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Now honestly, would you pay $310.50 for this certified lunacy?

15 posts in this topic

Well, I wouldn’t pay that much for it, but I’m sure there are people who wouldn’t pay what I have paid for some of my coins. To each their own. confused-smiley-013.gif

John

I have no idea about the value of something like this but I'm sure that an error expert could advise us regarding this particular piece. As for me, it's simply not a coin or error that interests me, especially at this price 893whatthe.gif

PCGS has one of best known error experts authenticate their errors and they still end up putting something moronic on the insert. Rotated Reverse. How exactly do they know it is the reverse die that was rotated and not the obverse or perhaps a combination of both?

PCGS has one of best known error experts authenticate their errors and they still end up putting something moronic on the insert. Rotated Reverse. How exactly do they know it is the reverse die that was rotated and not the obverse or perhaps a combination of both?

Excellent point. It should simply be called "Rotated Dies".

If there is one coin like this, theoretically would there not be hundreds or thousands of them struck from the same pair of misaligned dies? I guess it would depend when the dies became misaligned and how soon it was caught.

If there is one coin like this, theoretically would there not be hundreds or thousands of them
But didn't you know, hundreds of thousands is rare. Just look at the smooth edge GW$s, Reverse Proof ASEs and ASBs. And don't forget the 1999 silver proof set at 900,000. Less than a million is the new rare smile.gif

Would "Misaligned Dies" be better? What does NGC call it?

No. Misaligned dies is where one side appears off center due to die alignment.

Would "Misaligned Dies" be better? What does NGC call it?
No. Misaligned dies is where one side appears off center due to die alignment.
Thanks for the reply. Now I know what that's called thumbsup2.gif

this is certainly new error "speak" for me

if you buy this do not break it out of its respective holder as then you got a coin worth under a buck or

thereabouts