• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I am a little worried...

7 posts in this topic

Ok, so after a month, my grades were finally posted on my 5 freebie CS submissions. I sent in an 1864 SM 2-cent, a 1952-D quarter (yeah I had trouble finding 5 coins to submit), an 1809 half, an 1832 half and a 1923 peace dollar.

Well, the 2-cent was G-4 (about as expected), the 1952-D quarter was MS-64 (about as expected), the 1809 was bagged for "Damage", the 1832 was VF-35, and the peace dollar was MS-65 (better than expected).

My worry is that I requested and paid for the variety plus for Overton attributions on the two bust halves, yet none appeared on the coins when the grades were posted (the two cert numbers are 2514235-003 and 2514235-004). Should I expect them on the holder or should I brace myself for disappointment and a refund of my variety plus fee?

Had this happen to me once. Me dealer brought them with him to a show and NGC re-holdered them within a week and sent them back.

Ok, so after a month, my grades were finally posted on my 5 freebie CS submissions. I sent in an 1864 SM 2-cent, a 1952-D quarter (yeah I had trouble finding 5 coins to submit), an 1809 half, an 1832 half and a 1923 peace dollar.

Well, the 2-cent was G-4 (about as expected), the 1952-D quarter was MS-64 (about as expected), the 1809 was bagged for "Damage", the 1832 was VF-35, and the peace dollar was MS-65 (better than expected).

My worry is that I requested and paid for the variety plus for Overton attributions on the two bust halves, yet none appeared on the coins when the grades were posted (the two cert numbers are 2514235-003 and 2514235-004). Should I expect them on the holder or should I brace myself for disappointment and a refund of my variety plus fee?

Call them before they ship

Yes Bruce, it certainly was the one you sold me, and it's a beautiful coin. I feel embarrassed since the coin didn't need to be certified, but I was desperately trying to assemble 5 coins to use my CS submissions before they expired! I am doing better this year since I selected currency as my choice for the 5 free submissions, and I have 5 notes that will go in the mail this afternoon.

Oh yes, I forgot to mention the coins are waiting for me at the post office, so I will send back the 1832 for attribution, it's too bad though since the one I really questioned for attribution was the 1809 which was bagged. foreheadslap.gif