• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Choose a 20 cent piece.........

25 posts in this topic

I recently aquired both of these for my 7070 and will be keeping one. Which one do you like better. The first is a coin I purchased about a 2 months ago at a brick and mortar shopfor $180. The second I just purchased off of Ebay a couple of days ago for $150, and it is one of the old Anacs photo certificate. The color is very accurate on both coins

1875so.jpg

1875sr.jpg

1875soanacs.jpg

1875sranacs.jpg

1875anacs.jpg

I like them both. The first has nicer surfaces as the green stuff puts me off the second. However I like the detail on the stars, shield and eagle better on the second. I'm not sure which I would pick...

Second one is much better. It has a better strike and looks to be a better grade. Those are fantastic looking pieces and it's getting very difficult to find them looking like that any more.

Second one is much better. It has a better strike and looks to be a better grade. Those are fantastic looking pieces and it's getting very difficult to find them looking like that any more.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif I agree i like the 2nd one juggle.gif ahh 893scratchchin-thumb.gif i like them both. grin.gif

The first example carries history at your fingertips. It has real honest wear with great eye-appeal. It is like you can somewhat relive its history. The second coin, however, does not have this attraction.

Hmmmmm... I like the details on the second piece but the toning isn't my cup of tea. The details in the head aren't as clear on the first piece but the battleship grey tone looks more natural to me. I think they both grade VF but the first piece is VF20 and the second is accurately graded at VF30...I wish all decisions in life were like this...L

From the images provided, I can clearly tell which coin I like better.

Even though he didn't say, I'm pretty sure that I'm with Tom on this one.

From the images provided, I can clearly tell which coin I like better.

That's a coincidence. I can also clearly tell which coin you like better. cool.gif

there's something going on with the second coin that I just have a very uneasy feeling about. I don't know if it's dip residue or something was brushed on or what, but I also don't find it consistent with the toning I've seen on 20C pieces. Then again, what do I know. But I'd otherwise go with Tom's opinion grin.gif

I'd have to agree, number one is a nice looking coin. Gotta go for 'the look' before detail. Just my humble opinion. Does the coin have 'the look' then *spoon* the grade.