• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

how 'bout this error?

15 posts in this topic

seems as tho the 2008 red book may have an error of its own. on pages 222 and 223 the prez 2007-s silver proof is listed at 16 bucks per coin at proof 65. the problem is there aren't any minted and may not be since no legislation was passed to make them. i guess someone jumped the gun! do you think the books will be recalled? lol saw it in the april 9 CW

halfpint

grin.gif

The Mint discussed making Silver Proof versions of the Presidential Dollars. I guess they were anticipating their release, and wanted to include them in the book.

Thanks Chad. So the 2008 RB is out now?

Yes, they are. Whitman released them at the ANA show in Charlotte.

I bought one and had it autographed by the editor, Ken Bressett!

1726013-2008-RedBook.jpg

Now that's cool!! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Scott hi.gif

1726013-2008-RedBook.jpg.42fc150b5f99990d9d2fe0a17360bdd0.jpg

Question: How can they put out the "2008" red book when we're less than 25% of the way through 2007?

I thought the Red Book always came out around June of the previous year, but I haven't really kept up the lastdozen years or so. My question is how can the publish a Red Book with a white cover? 893whatthe.gif

Seen it before it would be noted as a 'CLAMSHELL" error if certified

I had one on a 1884 V Nickel ...

Question: How can they put out the "2008" red book when we're less than 25% of the way through 2007?

I thought the Red Book always came out around June of the previous year, but I haven't really kept up the lastdozen years or so. My question is how can the publish a Red Book with a white cover? 893whatthe.gif

The 2008 Rebook is a combo of hardback and spiral. The front cover is open in the picture seen.

Thanks Rey and Mike I've had this since i got it in change back in Mid 70's 893applaud-thumb.gif

Mike i would have liked to have seen the liberty nickle. I saw a quarter sometime back in CW. bumpit.gif