• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Half Cent arrived today.

12 posts in this topic

I put this up in the recent acquisitions but wanted to give it a post as well because I'd like to get some feedback from the group. Another addition to the Circ Set we're putting together. I think this one should fit right in. Sorry but after taking about 20 pictures these are as good as it gets. Shooting copper is not my forte. The coin currently resides in an Anacs AU 55 slab. The small type of slab. These are hard to find little coins (kind of) as most of the circ ones were either coroded, cleaned, or recolored, and the MS ones were too expensive for what we are doing.

Your comments welcome:

coin011.jpg

coin009.jpg

EDIT: Here's some shots of it with too much light; the coin does not have as monotone color as the first set of pics show.

coin002.jpg

coin003.jpg

I like it. Looks pretty fairly graded too. Many TPG-graded AU old copper coins I see don't have the luster this one obviously has, to this coin's credit.

That said, the color looks a little too even for me to believe. Perhaps this is just because of the slight underexposure and/or color cast of the photo.

Regardless it is a nice coin and the grade looks pretty good. The coin has very nice eye appeal, and overall I give it a thumbsup2.gif.

Thanks for sharing...Mike

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I picked this up off Teletrade a week or two ago. Their pictures were pretty poor. While mine are only marginally better, I don't sell coins for a living wink.gif

The one significant crater on the obverse distracts some although it does not draw your eye right to it in hand as it does in the picture. The only other thing, and it is not shown well in any of the pictures is that there is a very small amount of verdigris in the inner upper portion of the "3". I hope this doesn't get worse over time??? Anyone know if it will? The reverse of the coin is really nice in hand with much less distraction than the obverse.

In all likelihood, this coin will be my first "break-out" allowing it to roam free with the others of the same year.

Looks great to me! I know the difficulty in capturing the actual color of these, but with the experience of my own pics of a couple of 1/2 cents, this has got to look great in person.

it is a nice coin and the grade looks pretty good. The coin has very nice eye appeal, and overall I give it a

thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif

also..........................

many times scarcer than their large cent counterparts