• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post an old Anacs photo certificate.......

10 posts in this topic

These are really cool. About how many coins were certified in this way,

A LOT. You have to remember that ANACS was the first certification service and they were in operation for 14 years before PCGS started up (PCGS is 21 years old now), and they continued using the certificates for almost 4 more years. That's 18 years of certificates.

and how many do you estimate still exist?

Not a whole lot. You seldom see these for sale at shows or on eBay. Some of the varieties are rather rare. For example the first generation certificate. It was used for four years, longer than any of the others. In the nine years I have been seriously looking for slab/certificate varieties I've seen four of them. Two of which I own. The eigth generation certificate was only in production for 15 to 20 days. I've only seen a single specimen. Transfer certificates which were reissued certificates registering the new owner of the coin in ANACS's records. They were available for at least generations 2 - 8. I've seen 6 of them a 4th, 2 5th, and 3 6th generation certificates.

Over ATS there is another thread with this same name. In it are posted examples of all of the regular production slabs with the exception of #9 and one of the transfer slabs. If there is interest I could post a thread with all of the ANACS varieties like I did ATS of the PCGS and NGC varieties.

Over ATS there is another thread with this same name. In it are posted examples of all of the regular production slabs with the exception of #9 and one of the transfer slabs. If there is interest I could post a thread with all of the ANACS varieties like I did ATS of the PCGS and NGC varieties.

That would be cool!! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Scott hi.gif