• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

photos with the slab

6 posts in this topic

hello everyone!

do you prefer a high quality photo of your coin when it is slabbed? i believe it WAS available once across the street. is this an option here at ngc? thoughts?

halfpint screwy.gif

What do you mean?

I understood it that TrueView photos were taken of RAW coins. Not sure what NGC does. Is that what you were wondering about, or... ?

Generally, I see no purpose at all for such an image. It's only useful if there's some situation where you need to "prove" that a coin was once graded in a certain slab. Even that's flimsy, since it's so easy these days to photoshop images convincingly.

James I think what he means is do you like to have photos of all your slabbed coins taken when sent off for grading. If this is the case, then no I will take my own photos and such.

i figured if you have some nice photos of your slabs then you can show them to friends or post them on the net. especially if you have trouble imaging the coin, like me. also if i keep my coins in the bank i might feel better when i feel the urge to "view" one of them. just me.

halfpint

confused-smiley-013.gif

Slabbed photos are nice if you store in a different location than your home. I would say that they would be handy for pricey coins that have been bought from ebay in slabs to prevent any type of fraud of someone having the original picture to try to sell something/nothing to an unsuspecting buyer.