• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Local Coin Auction Tomorrow - Pelzer, SC - Online Bidding

22 posts in this topic

I usually try to make it to this one, but won't be able to... and nothing is grabbing me, so there is no need to keep it quiet. cool.gif

The auction company is a good group, been to quite a few estate sales and other auctions held by them, never any problems, real professional...

Warning -- lame pictures for the most part... but some of them will go cheap, might be worth a roll of the dice.

Knock yourselves out:

Meares Spring Coin Auction

Pictures are terrible - Its like pot luck .. I will pass

They need pictures of just a bunch of coins in a bucket huh? 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

I kill me too! 27_laughing.gif

They need pictures of just a bunch of coins in a bucket huh? 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Are you following me around SHooo FLy Dont bother me !

yeahok.gif

I told you the pictures were lame! Heheheh

There are no reserves, and if past history holds true -- some of those lots will go for under melt.

Like I said, roll of the dice...

.. I also don't like how close the staples are to some of the windows on the 2x2's...

eeeeek!

Are you following me around SHooo FLy Dont bother me !

yeahok.gif

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

I like that 1927 uncirculated coin set in there. foreheadslap.gif

Yeah, it's hard to believe that it's 80 years old and it looks just like the stuff the Mint was putting out 30-35 years ago. Since a couple of you guys are bidding, I will pass. By the way, was anyone able to figure out how you look at the reverse on some of the coins?

Chris

By the way, was anyone able to figure out how you look at the reverse on some of the coins?

Chris

Turn your monitor around! devil.gif

I have picked up a few nice coins at that auction house's coin sales... even found a Key or two and some semi-keys in some of the rolls I have gotten, so either they were seeded or actually unsearched, which is better than you will do buying rolls on the 'Bay... you know those have been searched at least twice, right?

Granted, it's not Heritage, but when was the last time you got something off Heritage for less than Melt? The grading is usually about right if not on the conservative side... no returns, tho... "as is, where is" -- don't pay more than you are willing to eat on the raw coins since you can't hold them in-hand... or you could drive down (or up) to Pelzer... it's in the upstate of SC near Greenville. Auction is at 4:30pm TODAY (Tuesday, 3/27)

They usually have a few slabs in these sales, dunno why none this time...

Everyone selling them on eBay perhaps?

By the way, was anyone able to figure out how you look at the reverse on some of the coins?

Chris

Well, I tried that but I have a hard time reading backwards through all of the dust. Good one, though! Now that we have dispensed with the levity at my expense, can anyone tell me if I missed something on this site? It seems so "clostrophobic" that it wouldn't surprise me. There isn't anything in particular that interests me, now, but I would like to bookmark it for the future.

Chris

Chris

Well, I tried that but I have a hard time reading backwards through all of the dust. Good one, though! Now that we have dispensed with the levity at my expense, can anyone tell me if I missed something on this site? It seems so "clostrophobic" that it wouldn't surprise me. There isn't anything in particular that interests me, now, but I would like to bookmark it for the future.

Chris

I looked also. Nothing really jumped out at me. Looks like mostly people cleaning out extra coins and stuff. Of course I think this is the norm when dealing with a small local club.

These are more than likely consignments from a few people pruning for this particular sale, or coins pulled from estate sales that didn't have enough coins to pull in the coin people to the estate sale, or a combination of the two.

Again, I don't have inside knowledge -- just going from past history with this auction company -- they do a wide range of auctions (collectibles, estates, businesses, heavy equipment, real estate), but throw together one or two coin sales a year, typically one in the spring and one in the fall.

Lots of other "estate" type coins move on proxibid and a few other lesser known auction sites most of the time -- it pays to get away from the 'Bay.

wooohooo I won a few things smile.gif

1922-S Peace Dollar My One and Only smile.gif )

Peace dollar is blurry picture It will be a surprise to see what it looks like

Best Friend silver round- .999 fine silver

I have a patient BEST Friend ( Gift )

(2)1964 proof coin sets

Accented Hair Maybe ???

Assay box of 1970 UNC coin sets (five Set)

Kennedy 1970-d 's for 5 please smile.gif

Glad I could turn you guys on to some melt value deals, told ya there would be a few!

Be sure to let us know if you come into anything cool once they get to you.

Who knows? Silver might go up a little and you'll be in the black!

As Zach new I had a few problems with this auction - Coins not as decribed etc

I must admit that Darron Meares AUCTION house not the auctioneer handled the problems with 100% satisfaction in mind. I waas refunded the items amounts bidder fees and shipping for the problem items. Class act and would recommend there auctions BECAUSE of the customer service department and Darron.

I had mine in 5 days .. must have been misplaced or something ...

Publicly I forgot to announce that one of the coin sets (2-1964 Proof sets) I purchased was that DCAM 1964 ACCENTED HAIR Kennedy I sold on Ebay for $103 dollars - smile.gif