• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any info on 1865/1865 3CN

13 posts in this topic

Hi, does anyone have any info on 1865/1865 3C Nickel. I think I may have one that's about XF. The 865 are very doubled but the 1 has some dirt around it and I can't see the doubling. NGC census says only 7 have been certified versus ~1200 for 1865 3CN. Would it be worthwhile to have this graded? If so what value would it be worth or is it just an usual with little premium? Cheers Jason popcorn.gif

Not sure about the census numbers above but as far as the 1865 3 C Copper-Nickel, that year is known for misplaced date, repunched date as well as doubling on the obverse particularly AMERICA. Can you post a picture of it? Unfortunately the value is rather low even with the varieties. I would say maybe $20-$40 or so.

Rey

Having trouble adding pics Sorry.

Don't worry, everybody does from the start. Once they get the hang of it, you can't stop them from posting them. 27_laughing.gif Welcome to the forum!! hi.gif

That is definitely the Repunched Date, Breen # 2413. Cherry Picker's Guide 4th Edition Volume One says XF-$75.00.

Nice looking coin there.

Once they get the hang of it, you can't stop them from posting them.

So THAT'S your excuse!

I can't help it Chad!!! 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

27_laughing.gif