• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2007 Sacagaweas - Bags and Rolls

15 posts in this topic

I just ordered the bags & rolls. Will anyone else do the same in search of one w/incused lettering on the edge? Isn't PCGS offering a $10,000 reward for one?

Chris

I am not aware of this but I don't visit the PCGS website that much. I bet there will be some Sacagaweas that will get the edge lettering.

I just ordered the bags & rolls. Will anyone else do the same in search of one w/incused lettering on the edge? Isn't PCGS offering a $10,000 reward for one?

Chris

that's so funny.

you find that rare to non-existant sac with edge lettering and pcgs ends up sticking it in a holder it 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

that's so funny.

you find that rare to non-existant sac with edge lettering and pcgs ends up sticking it in a holder it 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Here's one... will you get the $10K reward less the $40 grading fee for grading an error coin? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Scott hi.gif

This is the first I've heard about edge lettering for the Sacs. confused-smiley-013.gif

It could happen. Suppose a planchet intended to be a Prez dollar misses the coining chamber, but somehow moves along to the next step in the production process, the edge lettering. You must also assume that an "alert" Mint employee spots the error before it joins the rest of the properly struck coins and throws it into the reject bin. However, instead of throwing it into the reject bin, the employee mistakenly tosses it into a bin destined to become Sacagawea dollars. Voila! You now have one Sacagawea $ with edge lettering and $10,000 if you get it to PCGS before anyone else.

I see only one problem with PCGS' reward offer. I wouldn't be surprised if there is someone, somewhere who is skilled in engraving and machining who will attempt to replicate the edge lettering. Whenever money is at stake, it seems there is always slime oozing out of the woodwork.

Chris

Question -- Will the 2007 Sacagaweas be the same color as before, or the same, lighter color as the presidential dollars?

Oh, and slightly off-topic, I bought lunch today at an outdoor Vietnamese take-out sit-outside place and paid with 6 dollar coins (3 sacs, 3 pres), and over the next hour, the woman gave them away as change. Huzzah for circulation, however minor it may be!

Chris - Why did you by bags and rolls - You search and return ???

Mike, the Kennedy error on my sig line came from a $100 Mixed P&D bag. Out of that same bag, I also found two other business strikes that NGC graded MS68 and MS67. I also found four other halves in another bag that are a neat error progression that I think was caused by a clash. From two $25 bags of California States Quarters, I wound up with NGC grading 6 - MS68 and 25 - MS67. These are business strikes, not satin sets, and they are harder to come by in the higher grades. I know I have others that will grade equally as high, but I have never bothered to submit them. If you're wondering what I did with the rest of the coins from the bags, I still have them. Some that I set aside because they should grade high are in flips while the others are in tubes.

My rolls of Kennedys, States Quarters, Sacagaweas and now, the Presidential Dollars will remain unopened. It's more fun going through the bags.

Chris

Question -- Will the 2007 Sacagaweas be the same color as before, or the same, lighter color as the presidential dollars?

They share the same planchets, so they should be the same color.

Chris - Why did you by bags and rolls - You search and return ???

Mike, the Kennedy error on my sig line came from a $100 Mixed P&D bag. Out of that same bag, I also found two other business strikes that NGC graded MS68 and MS67. I also found four other halves in another bag that are a neat error progression that I think was caused by a clash. From two $25 bags of California States Quarters, I wound up with NGC grading 6 - MS68 and 25 - MS67. These are business strikes, not satin sets, and they are harder to come by in the higher grades. I know I have others that will grade equally as high, but I have never bothered to submit them. If you're wondering what I did with the rest of the coins from the bags, I still have them. Some that I set aside because they should grade high are in flips while the others are in tubes.

My rolls of Kennedys, States Quarters, Sacagaweas and now, the Presidential Dollars will remain unopened. It's more fun going through the bags.

Chris

Keep me in mind if you get a couple of 68's for My Reg set smile.gif

cloud9.gif

I did a few rolls of Washingtons but was so disgusted with the quality I stopped. Havent sent in the five I had pictured here yet - Still wainting for my MONDO submission to return. Then off goes another ...

cloud9.gif

thumbsup2.gif I'll do that, but there is just one problem. What if I end up with 4 or 5 graded MS68 and they all have the edge lettering? 893whatthe.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893whatthe.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Chris

cloud9.gif

thumbsup2.gif I'll do that, but there is just one problem. What if I end up with 4 or 5 graded MS68 and they all have the edge lettering? 893whatthe.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893whatthe.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Chris

Thats when you cool.gifcool.gifcool.gif And send them too me anyway smile.gif