• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NEW...NGC Journal Marketplace

16 posts in this topic

What a shame to see the beautiful new Journal page being used for Polls and Selling Coins.

What are these bubble heads thinking about? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Even ebay, what's next? used cars confused-smiley-013.gif

Seller takes PayPal

For sale on Ebay, item# 110103526245 starting at $269, listing is ending today. Paypal accepted.
27_laughing.gif

What a shame to see the beautiful new Journal page being used for Polls and Selling Coins.

What are these bubble heads thinking about? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Even ebay, what's next? used cars confused-smiley-013.gif

Seller takes PayPal

For sale on Ebay, item# 110103526245 starting at $269, listing is ending today. Paypal accepted.
27_laughing.gif

Yea, I was uspset when I saw that too Christo_pull_hair.gif Perhaps NGC might start screening the Journal pages and start deleting such entries, or redirecting them to one of the message boards.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. I’m not a fan of the Journals. Especially not showing anywhere on my Registry page. This is what the boards are for in my opinion.

What is a journal? It is a collection of notes to oneself. this does not seem to be how they are being used however. It’s like seeing a second mini message board every time I log onto the Registry. I feel that at the very least, you should have to click on a link or tab to go them if you want to see them.

John

I know my stuff isn’t always the most perfect but it really peas me off to go to the trouble of making what I think is a half way or better entry and some one comes along with a poll on first Strike or some other lame brain *spoon*. mad.gif

And please excuse my French frustrated.gif

Edited language blush.gif

I'm a staying quiet on this subject as I got an arse wooping last time I said something ... I believe at the hands of Michael as he added me into a new society .. what was it now the "Stuffy Shirt Collector's Society" I was just saying my mind on what the intended use of the journal was for ...

yeahok.gif

Hellooo,

I would like the journal to be a clickable tab at my home page.

I would like to remind members that NGC considers the site to be self policing.

Unless I am mistaken, then pardon me please.

On the self policing part, where may I whine and cry please ?

I too feel it is not a chat board and hate seeing it.

Sorry, just woke up, let me have a coffee, then I'll go get em.

Fergie.

I’m preparing a listing as we speak for a nice 2002 Wlidwood Camper insane.gif

Nut case you actually did it .. hahaha ..

screwy.gif

My last effort before my coffee buzz wears off.

See my last Journal entry. Is it dumb or in appropriate?

Should I leave it or delete it? confused-smiley-013.gif

musik01.gif

• Administrator
My last effort before my coffee buzz wears off.

See my last Journal entry. Is it dumb or in appropriate?

Should I leave it or delete it? confused-smiley-013.gif

musik01.gif

It's not appropriate. Too many people won't get the tongue-in-cheek joke and it will just make them frustrated.

Note that your "important meeting on the chat boards" post, since it was made from the notes tab, will only show to logged in users on that tab or the all tab, while your camper post shows on the coins tab.

I don't think people will get the message. Although I agree with what you're saying and the message you're trying to get across.

Here are some interesting facts about the new journal and friend system:

1. On your publicly viewable user page, other people's journals no longer appear.

2. If you set a user on ignore, you won't see their journals anymore. They also cannot contact you with the contact member function.

3. If you friend a person, you will see their journals on the "friends" tab. That is the tab that displays by default on your control panel. Thus you can make a list of friends of people whose journal entries you like, and just read those.

Other than that, we will end up trimming journal entries if they keep ending up off-topic/purpose for the journals, so eventually we'll fix this issue one way or another. In the meantime, you do have some nice control over whose entries you see and whose you don't.

Thanks for the information, it's very helpul.

I don't want to try and "friend" every journal I might like to view.

That would be too many.

Better to just speak up and remind them of the journal's intent.

Go get 'em.

Fergie.

I don't guess that I have seen this Journal Marketplace?? Is it on the NGC homepage?

Never mind. I think I found it. On the left hand column in the registry page correct?? "Collector's Journal"

Boss

The Journal Market Place only exists in jest.

This morning I had complained about the Journal Page being used for selling items on ebay, seller taking PayPal payments, and a First Strike Poll.

Then I listed a Camping Trailer for sale.

Then all heck broke loose and the Mod Squad got after me. (Just Joking about the Mods) grin.gif