• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1949 Multiholder Set - just received photos today

27 posts in this topic

I had not had these graded prior to the multiholder submission and was hoping for 65s across the board. I am very pleased with the results and look of this set. What do you think?

1948489001-005o.jpg

1948489001-005r.jpg

That really turned out splendidly...hmmm 1949, the Brooklyn Dodgers lost to the New York Yankees.

I guess those tics on the half held it back from a 65 (same coin you shown us earlier this month, right?) but glad to see the graders gave you the FBL.

Thanks, and no it is a different coin. I had submitted three other halves with this submission mostly to see what some coins would come back - 1949 65 FBL, 1948D 64 FBL, and 1949S 64.

Again thanks.

That's a nice set. 893applaud-thumb.gif Good going.

I had submitted three other halves with this submission mostly to see what some coins would come back - 1949 65 FBL, 1948D 64 FBL, and 1949S 64.

FYI, most '48-D's come well struck, at least 50% of '49-P's are fully struck, and around 10-20% of '49-S's come well struck. S mints in general are tough to find well struck, with the '53-S being the most notorious of the bunch.

Wooohoo acclaim.gif

Hello hoard,

1949 is a tough year. Nice set for you.

Can you give a close-up pic of the Lincoln Cent another day ?

It looks like it has a nice glowing toning effect.

Thanks for sharing your set.

Fergie.

I had not had these graded prior to the multiholder submission and was hoping for 65s across the board. I am very pleased with the results and look of this set. What do you think?

What do I think? I think NGC hit a home run with these mulit-coin holders. I like the concept a lot, and I especially like the quality of your set. Congratulations on an excellent achievement! NGC really should market these multi-coin sets more aggressively.

I am trying to push them along as I have around 30 of them BUT I will be doing a WYNTK on them as they have a few issues ...

NGC changed the name I wanted on it to "1949 Mint Set" that is NOT what I asked them to do, and I may contact them to reholder.

The rest of the coins D and S mintmarks are sitting in there original holders waiting for there P brothers to return home to see if they what to go in plastic.

No, I broke the other half of the Ps up as I wanted the half holder separately. And yes I asked for the title to be " 1949 Year Set" but they changed it.