• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mint quality

8 posts in this topic

hello all! you here all this hype about the great quality of proof coins etc. well then if the mint is so quality conscious then how come proof sets have arrived with lint on the coins? i've gotten them with finger prints and smudges on them! sure i can send them back at my expense for shipping. do they not care about pride in their job?you gotta wonder about some of the people that work at the mint and more importantly, the management that doesn't monitor their employees. my rant for the day.

halfpint sign-rantpost.gif

I have noticed in the past couple years how the quality of coins has somewhat lowered. Not the coin materials, but the way that they are handled and packaged. I've seen too many that have either had hazing issues, fingerprints, spotting, etc... The problem is, they all start from there at one time or another, even the ones bought from someone else, and I'm sure will have been picked thru and someone will wind up with more of these beauties second-hand down the road.

And you are expecting top performance from a government employee? Think about the typical minimum wage government job candidate and be grateful it's not worse. Not to unfairly single out federal employees, this is a problem across the country lately, nobody cares about doing a good job. It's all about maximizing productivity and profits and it they could get away with it, offshore the work to India.

There, I'm feeling a little better now.

And you are expecting top performance from a government employee? Think about the typical minimum wage government job candidate and be grateful it's not worse. Not to unfairly single out federal employees, this is a problem across the country lately, nobody cares about doing a good job. It's all about maximizing productivity and profits and it they could get away with it, offshore the work to India.

There, I'm feeling a little better now.

Now wait just a goldarn minute "Mr. Ambassador"! You're talking about our great nation's federal employee system. Why would you ever think the system is designed to maximize productivity and profits? The average government worker will take 8 hours to do a job that should only take 30 minutes. If they didn't, they would not only make the rest of their co-workers look bad, but they would continue to be given other assignments until the day has ended. That would only mean that they would have more tasks to $crew up. If the government were like any other commercial, for-profit business, they would be filing for bankruptcy on a quarterly basis.

No matter how terrible you may be as an employee, it is practically impossible to be fired from the Civil Service. There is too much red tape, and the bosses don't want to be forced to do anything that remotely resembles serious work. It is far easier to promote the lousy employees to get them out of your hair. About the only way anyone could lose their Civil Service job is if they shot their boss or committed suicide. Let's face it, anyone who gets a job in Civil Service is only showing up for work to punch their retirement time-clock.

Chris

~Let's face it, anyone who gets a job in Civil Service is only showing up for work to punch their retirement time-clock.~

Chris

Oh-oh

As a retired Civil Servant (Wage Grade-10 Journeyman Level Aircraft Mechanic, DOD) I resemble those remarks...who was there testing UH-60 Blackhawk Transmissions on Christmas Eve during Desert Storm Operations to support our troops? Who sacrificed countless weekends with my family to dis-assemble/Examine & Evaluate/assemble/test/qualify/sell to QC a finished product? Who could not see the LAN televise the attack on our nation because we were in the midst of a very important and timely proceedure...ME, a humble civil servant. I'm very proud to have done my part in the global fight against terroism and I'm also very proud to have worked for our Uncle Sam.

I do not think it fair to lump us together like this and then to make a comment as such. mad.gif

~Let's face it, anyone who gets a job in Civil Service is only showing up for work to punch their retirement time-clock.~

Chris

Oh-oh

As a retired Civil Servant (Wage Grade-10 Journeyman Level Aircraft Mechanic, DOD) I resemble those remarks...who was there testing UH-60 Blackhawk Transmissions on Christmas Eve during Desert Storm Operations to support our troops? Who sacrificed countless weekends with my family to dis-assemble/Examine & Evaluate/assemble/test/qualify/sell to QC a finished product? Who could not see the LAN televise the attack on our nation because we were in the midst of a very important and timely proceedure...ME, a humble civil servant. I'm very proud to have done my part in the global fight against terroism and I'm also very proud to have worked for our Uncle Sam.

I do not think it fair to lump us together like this and then to make a comment as such. mad.gif

Woody, I'm sorry, but you don't qualify as a civil servant. You were working in conjunction and under the direction of the military. You are a patriot, the same as every other person who puts on a uniform in defense of our country.

Chris

Chris

Oh-oh

Woody, I'm sorry, but you don't qualify as a civil servant. You were working in conjunction and under the direction of the military. You are a patriot, the same as every other person who puts on a uniform in defense of our country.

Chris [/quote

Absolutely agree, DOD and armed services excluded.