• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just purchased a NGC 2005 PF70 John Marshall Comm.

10 posts in this topic

I just purchased a 2005P US $1 Silver NGC PF70 John Marshall Commemorative off of Ebay for $55 which included shipping. This is one of the few times I purchased a coin without seeing atleast a photo of it first. The seller had 3 (now only 2) of these auctions going but had the same photo listed for all 3 auctions. So I am hoping this all ends well. So, if you collected modern commemorative coins as I do, would you have jumped on this buy or would you have looked elsewhere?

sig.jpg

I think I have taken a big chance simply because its sight unseen. However if the coin comes to me in perfect condition then I will be very happy.

Here is a link to an exact auction that I won. Except I used a buy it now option of $44.99.

Ebay link

Don't know what census report is in that auction, but it's not the John Marshall commem. There's 617 graded 70.

He's got a photo of a 70 coin, and if a seller has multiples, it's not uncommon for him to use the same photo in many auctions. It's a tossup. Wrong census report, but OK feedback. All sales are final, but he's got a photo.

85% you get exactly what you wanted

5% you get a PF69

5% you get no coin

5% you get no coin, and no refund/payback

I recieved my PF 70 UC 2005 John Marshall Commemorative coin in the mail today and I have placed him in my Registry set. The ebay deal worked out lovely. yay.gif For $55 total I wish I had purchased the other 2 he had. But I was too worried I was gonna get got.

This lovely commemorative has taken me from rank 74 to 70. headbang.gif

sig.jpg

Thanks for sharing in my excitement. I was very very pleased and relieved once I opened the package. This hobby is just to much fun, I love it when you actually find a coin that you need and are excited about adding to your collection.

I realize now that I have 2 different collections. One that is for my enjoyment. (which includes my Modern Commemoratives) And one that is either a gamble or an investment I am not sure which yet. It includes multiples of the same coin that I purchased because I expected them to increase rapidly in value. (Like the 20th anniversary sets) I will keep one set for my enjoyment collection. But will definately part with the other sets when the right moment strikes me. But I must say I do enjoy my gamble/investment collection too, its nice when you make a purchase that you can more than double your money in a very short amount of time.

I keep struggling with which collection I am going to work on. Sorry for rambling.