• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ANACS Is Not Changing Their Holder

13 posts in this topic

After the rumors were printed here and elsewhere that ANACS was going to change their holder, I went to the ANACS booth in Charlotte and asked. According to two different people I asked, ANACS is not changing their holders and the reports of the ANACS clear holders coming apart is from an isolated incident. ANACS is designing a new gasket for encapsulating Presidential $1 Coins for their current clear holders. These gaskets should be introduced soon.

Caveat Emptor.

Scott hi.gif

Did you ask them anything about their supposed upcoming registry? When I asked at FUN 2006, they said it should be out summer 06, but it still hasn't come.

I did, but I was going to do that in another post.

When I asked, they said Summer 06 to me as well. I was also told that they will be allowing coins from ANACS (obviously) as well as PCGS, NGC, and PCI. I asked if ICG would be included and they did not know. There may be an issue with being able to verify the cert with ICG that is preventing their inclusion.

That's all I know.

Scott hi.gif

Glad to know that Traci, the customer service manager and the other lady who is in charge of bulk submissions have canceled the rumor.

Seriously....I have heard this "rumor" also and working for a grading service I know there are certain things you have to keep quiet until told that it is now public knowledge.

Keep that in mind. I'd place a bet that there is a new slab coming out.

Cameron Kiefer

After the rumors were printed here and elsewhere that ANACS was going to change their holder, I went to the ANACS booth in Charlotte and asked. According to two different people I asked, ANACS is not changing their holders...

Glad to know that Traci, the customer service manager and the other lady who is in charge of bulk submissions have canceled the rumor.

Seriously....I have heard this "rumor" also and working for a grading service I know there are certain things you have to keep quiet until told that it is now public knowledge.

Keep that in mind. I'd place a bet that there is a new slab coming out.

Glad to know this was all an unfounded rumor and that ANACS is not changing their slabs!

1594_1.JPG .... d5b6_1.JPG

Here's an auction with the new holder in more detail. This one may be specifically for the new dollar coins so the edge will show.

New ANACS holder

I also heard they will be using this holder for their problem coins now too.

I really prefer the old small style holders over both of these, the old new and the new new.

I totally agree. The smaller size ANACS holder was my favorite of all slab types. Wasn't too large and it was all business.