• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1834 25c on ebay i fancy a bid but it looks to good!!!

14 posts in this topic

Thanks for that i have had a go at this one instead

1702889-731f_1.jpg

You're welcome, though if you were thinking about the first coin, I'd recommend not buying uncertified coins of anything more than minimal value. I'd also advise against buying other than on a sight-seen basis. The 1834 was likely cleaned, too, though probably not as harshly.

Thanks for the sound advice !!

I like the 50c a lot but i will try to sit on my hands with the bidding flamed.gif

he has also listed a 1828 half cent which also looks funny i will try and pinch his pictures 893naughty-thumb.gif

You're welcome, though if you were thinking about the first coin, I'd recommend not buying uncertified coins of anything more than minimal value. I'd also advise against buying other than on a sight-seen basis. The 1834 was likely cleaned, too, though probably not as harshly.
I fully agree.

Yes, the quarter was cleaned, definitely, but is a variety (I can see the O-F) and a bit of dim ramage. The Half has been cleaned to, but its and old cleaning. The 1/2 cent was definitely dipped, toned, or cleaned or it is the nicest specimen in the universe (it appears have AU+ details). Yep, the 1/2 cent would be very tempting for me if I got it at VF pricing.

The quarter is a B-1, Rarity-1 die variety. It's one of the most common, according to Browning. The OF is repunched on this variety, but the easiest way to recognize it is the missing period after 25C It does look like a well struck and detailed example, even though its been cleaned.