• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New User, and question about the American Eagle

3 posts in this topic

Hi All,

Just a simple cajun man with a passion for the American Silver Eagles and any coin made of pure .999 silver. Have been collecting them for 3 years now and have plenty in my showcase.

I read in a post some where on this site before I registered, and now I can't find it that I wouldn't be able to submit my Anniversary 2006 Silver eagles if the box has been opened?

Is this true, if so, why?

I'm looking forward to watching and reading your post.

Thanks

CajunMan

This is true only if you want the "Anniversary Label". The reason behind this is there is already a 2006W Unc. innaugaural SE and the 2006W proof SE. The unopened box verifies it as coming from the 20th anniversary set.

WELCOME CAJUNMAN!! hi.gif

Hi CajunMan, and welcome!

I believe the page you want is here.

Bobby's exactly correct - an unopened shipping package from the U.S. Mint with the invoice and complete 20th Anniversary Set(s) inside is the only way NGC can assert with certainty that the Uncirculated and Proof coins actually came from a 20th Anniversary Set and not from either the individual coin offerings or Gold $50 / Silver $1 Anniversary Uncirculated Set.

Beijim