• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What gives them that character?

16 posts in this topic

Every now and then, you pick up a coin in pocket change that even though is not either rare or old, has a character that is not found often. This quarter stood out at me and for some reason, I just wanted to take a snapshot. The obverse looks like any other 1999 quarter, just the reverse has "the look"....

And of course... being from Georgia...... 893applaud-thumb.gif

ga.jpg

MM laugh.gif

That's neat cool thumbsup2.gif

Hope you don’t mind me posting one I pulled from pocket change. Like you said, I think it has the look.

2001obvrevpan800xvl6.jpg

Yeah, it's always interesting to find 'new' coins that look so old. Usually I just look at them for a few minutes and then send them on their merry ways in the river of commerce. laugh.gif

-Amanda

Found a bright, lustrous 1998 Washington Quarter in change. I thought it was an UNC at first but decided that it is a high AU. Added it to my collection!

I found my first state quarter metal detecting last weekend, Rhode Island -- totally grey-black, really funky looking -- it's a keeper too!

I found my first state quarter metal detecting last weekend, Rhode Island -- totally grey-black, really funky looking -- it's a keeper too!

I think the metal the mints using is cheaper than pre 1999 cause I have found a few state qtrs and everyone of them looked like *spoon*. 27_laughing.gif

That's neat cool thumbsup2.gif

Hope you don’t mind me posting one I pulled from pocket change. Like you said, I think it has the look.

2001obvrevpan800xvl6.jpg

Well, no wonder, that quarter is covered in Maple Syrup...probably left as a tip in a Vermont IHOP grin.gif

This just happened to be the only half dollar that a cashier had in her register as I was paying for my purchases. When I told her that I would take it in my change, she looked at me with that "Why would you want this?" look.

1702048-IMG_1453.JPG1702048-IMG_1454.JPG

Chris

1702048-IMG_1454.JPG.7400d62816a79950a3493aff3d58c829.JPG