• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is this a spoof?

23 posts in this topic

Yeah the domain is "promotionexpert.com" That first paypal has nothing to do with the domain. So I could have my site winstonware.com and have another site on the same domain set up for you EZ_E.winstonware.com but it would still be my domain

Victor: There is nothing that I can find about this offer on the PayPal site. Given this information, I have to assume that it is a phishing scheme until shown otherwise. I had an email yesterday wanting information about a "check clearance problem" with a bank of America account that I closed a year ago. They had a nice screen, just like BofA and wanted me to sign in and use my password! Hah!!!

Victor: There is nothing that I can find about this offer on the PayPal site. Given this information, I have to assume that it is a phishing scheme until shown otherwise. I had an email yesterday wanting information about a "check clearance problem" with a bank of America account that I closed a year ago. They had a nice screen, just like BofA and wanted me to sign in and use my password! Hah!!!

You should call BofA and find out where to forward that email to within their company so they can investigate.

It's a secure server I also think it is a valid PAYPAL promotion - You probably did not notice the address

HTTP(S) ... I am looking into it and will follow up ..

Yup its paypal - a GROW your business promotion

WHICH is against there own Prvacy Regulations UNLESS You forgot to OPT out smile.gif

Pomotion Expert

© 2007 PayPal, Inc. All rights reserved.

Secure Socket Layer technology just means that you are encrypting data – it does not mean that the site is legitimate. I could add SSL to my site and send emails asking for passwords and whatnot… screwy.gif

Secure Socket Layer technology just means that you are encrypting data – it does not mean that the site is legitimate. I could add SSL to my site and send emails asking for passwords and whatnot… screwy.gif

I don't think EQUIFAX is going to validate your Security certificates

SORRY DUDE YOU DON'T QUALIFY!

ISSUER= EquiFAX SECURE GLOBAL eBusiness ( EquiFax Secure inc. )

I don't think EQUIFAX is going to validate your Security certificates

SORRY DUDE YOU DON'T QUALIFY!

ISSUER= EquiFAX SECURE GLOBAL eBusiness ( EquiFax Secure inc. )

Maybe you should sign-up and test it out for us... confused-smiley-013.gif

Thanks for the feedback, guys. I just deleted the offer. I was scammed once before like this. So, even if it is legit, it is not worth a $15 savings to take the risk.

I already did something similar ... To much pain in the Arse email solicitations -

Vic is Right It aint worth getting your email toss around for the so called savings. I had to reconfigure my server after I did, to delete all the riff raff coming though after I cancelled. You can opt out of the initial service but they would have already have pased around your email .. (Blargh)

I was a bonehead and did an online survey about a month ago. Now, I am being bombarded with junk emails! This pi$$e$ me off to no end! But, there is no one to blame but myself since I know better!

A general rule of thumb is that if anything is free then there is a catch!

mad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

If you guys really want to protect your self listen up.

I have for about 4 years now subscribed to on line notification from a major credit bureau. I have been paying for it and recently found out that if I have a PayPal account I may be entitled to free reports. I’m about ready to check into it further. I have my preferences set for very timely reports. ( for security reasons I will not be disclosing to much on the message board)

These reports will tell you anytime someone inquires about you and who they are. Some inquiries do not affect your score some do. It is a good way of keeping tabs on your personal business and with timely reports you are in a position to head off fraud before it tears a hole in your @$$.

Just thought I would pass this on to you.

For more information you can log into your PayPal account.

Anyways…here is what I what talking about with subdomains. I could put SSL on there but that would cost me some money – the subdomains are free. It would be easy for me to replace this picture with a rendition of Paypal and a webform asking for user data. It’s no big deal.

That said, I present the EZ_E subdomain…

http://www.eze.winstonware.com/

Anyways…here is what I what talking about with subdomains. I could put SSL on there but that would cost me some money – the subdomains are free. It would be easy for me to replace this picture with a rendition of Paypal and a webform asking for user data. It’s no big deal.

That said, I present the EZ_E subdomain…

http://www.eze.winstonware.com/

acclaim.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifacclaim.gif

That is the absolute best webpage that I have ever seen!!!

Plus, it serves as an excellent example of what can be done!

Thanks for a lesson that I will not soon forget!

I got this in my email today also. Paypal claims that if thier email say "hello (first name, last name)then it is a legit email.

It could also be a partner site or an application service provider.

If there are any questions, write to them at spoof@paypal.com" target="_blank and send them all of the infromation, including the headers of the note you received. They will verify the information for you.

Scoitt hi.gif

It could also be a partner site or an application service provider.

If there are any questions, write to them at spoof@paypal.com" target="_blank and send them all of the infromation, including the headers of the note you received. They will verify the information for you.

Scoitt hi.gif

This is mainly an add from paypal. They are offering $5 rebates here and there to other stores other than ebay. I looked at them, can't remember all, but know one of them was Petsmart.