• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I think I have a tumor

22 posts in this topic

Looks like some type of a mint die defect. You can tell it was attempting the feather detail in the top of this defect. That would clarify mint process to me. confused-smiley-013.gif

I had his book in the mid 90s, got lost in one of several moves. His web-site only sells his book and doesn't give any detailed variety information anymore. His new books are coming out in separate volumes broken up by year ranges, I think I will order them, as I remember his last book was very well written.

cud as in hocking a loogie onto your coin smile.gif

It looks more like a piece of 893censored-thumb.gif than a loogie! 27_laughing.gif

I think a more correct term is just 'die break', I usually associate cuds with rims.

Nice coin mate thumbsup2.gif

Thay have just reintroduced the red kites over here and it looks like one of the wing tags they put on them for idenification in the field !!! smile.gif

1700809-return2.jpg

1700809-return2.jpg.8460d49f957d62028bf3333d6fd1e5c6.jpg

Thay have just reintroduced the red kites over here and it looks like one of the wing tags they put on them for idenification in the field !!! smile.gif

Red kites are beautiful birds. Are you sure they are wing tags and not bulls-eyes? I hear they taste like chicken! 27_laughing.gif

IMG_1711.jpg

Found it.Rick has it as S16, die cud on wing.

It's not easy to see but there will also be multiple digits from the date, on the neck and breast. Sorry no pic.

Attributed to: Larry Steve

"Misplaced Digits with Die Cud, Snow-16, Rarity-7". Maybe the guy selling on e-bay has a reasonable price, but I still don't like the rim. An MS60 just went for $672, with buyer's fee this week. It looks like these errors are bringing close to double the value at other auctions too.

1700809-return2.jpg

" reintroduced " Why do you have a rodent problem ???

sign-offtopic.gif Every one has a hobby and over in the uk it is mainly Saving the world or sticking your nose into someone elses buissness. sign-rantpost.gif

Shame they did not get rid of these first!!

1701062-_41241128_squirrel_pa_203b.jpg

1701062-_41241128_squirrel_pa_203b.jpg.e4a1c945232dcd798e112541e128572a.jpg

I used to see these on Ebay quite often. Most of the time the seller didn't have a clue what it was. The seller probably freaked out when they sold so high. These like the multi-denominational 1857's were worth no more than the common ones years ago. It takes folks like Rick Snow and Larry Steve to bring these great varieties to light.

The more I look for them, the more I see. I think that "R-7" number was particular to that coin in that grade. I would probably put these in the R-3 category for circulated eagles, although they are still getting a nice premium when identified.