• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1996 Silver Eagle

9 posts in this topic

I have two rolls of milk spotted 1996 Silver Eagles. If it weren't for the spots they would be MS69. Anyone know what they would be worth?

There was a woman that posted here that bought a roll of 1996 Silver Eagles with milk spots. She kept the roll for a while and when she opened it up all the coins had milk spots. The seller would not take them back. She decided to sell them individually on Ebay. From what I saw she was getting around $50.00 a coin.

HI, I bought one roll of 96 Silver Eagles last year and every one of them was spotted. They were listed as possiblyMS69 or MS70, so you can guess how let down I was when I opened the roll. I did list a couple of them on Ebay and they sold in the $50 dollar range in January of this year. I decided to hold onto the rest, since I was just breaking even on my costs. I have learned that many of the Silver Eagles from that year were spotted, so I waited and bought one that was guranteed to be spot free for my series. If you decide to sell on Ebay, I encourage you to be honest about the spots and take good pictures. Some people don't care as they just want the date. Being honest will avoid having coins returned, and possibly bad feedback. Good luck.

Cindyd, You the one I was talking about in my post. I hope I got at least some of the information right. We haven't heard from you in a while. Hope you are doing well.

Cindyd, You the one I was talking about in my post. I hope I got at least some of the information right. We haven't heard from you in a while. Hope you are doing well.

I have been "lurking" around the post for a while. I am just trying to soak up all this wonderful information you guys post here. I did find a shop in Slidell, La, that handles a few coins that I can look at. It has been fun to compare the coins and see if I can pick out the flaws I am learning about. I have seen so many of the capped bust half dollars posted here that I became very interested in obtaining one for the history behind them. I bought one that was well circulated but looks to be original. ( as one can be at that age!) It was fun to get this coin and I enjoy letting family members see it and tell about the places this lady may have been in her life. I know you are supposed to look and look before you buy, but I just couldn't resist. I understand the feeling one gets with a veteran coin as opposed to just slabbed coins. I want both of course, but this one will be one of my favorites.

sign-offtopic.gif

I spent a summer in New Orleans and had friends from Slidell. Haven't heard that town's name in awhile!

BTW, I admire your honesty. If more eBay members followed your example, the place would feel a lot less like the Wild West.

smile.gif

Beijim