• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Greg,,,,You Freakin ROCK

7 posts in this topic

Those are fantastic concept pieces. Imagine if we'd have ended up with Gasparro's Liberty in 1979 and the Gallery Mint concept in 2000? cloud9.gif

ICG will grade many great tokens and medals that the other services won't. I like their holders, particularly with the IS black insert.

Hoot

ICG will grade many great tokens and medals that the other services won't. I like their holders, particularly with the IS black insert.

IS has been discontinued.

Actually, ICG is my second favorite holder next to PCGS. They are fairly reputable as well although they are very loose on their 70 awards.

Other than ICG's plastic is too soft and scuffs too easily.

These Gallery Mint Concept dollars are pretty.

My only question... ICG grades these MS68 and MS69 from all I've seen...

Why is yours MS67?

Other than ICG's plastic is too soft and scuffs too easily.

These Gallery Mint Concept dollars are pretty.

My only question... ICG grades these MS68 and MS69 from all I've seen...

Why is yours MS67?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif I don't know...It's mark free,It's got a good strike and personally I think the area on the reverse thats starting to tone is attractive.. confused-smiley-013.gifMaybe ICG is tightening Up wink.gif

Maybe Cammie will stop by and give the parameters for the grading of these??

As an aside; The reason I got it slabbed was that it was a concept coin and 2000 was the year of My Daughters conception...

gossip.gif She's a 70 though.

thumbsup2.gif

I also really like the GMM concept dollars. I think there are a lot of these that aren't slabbed and when they do get slabbed, they may grade far below MS68. The reason for this is because I don't think GMM does the slabbing. My guess is people are getting these slabbed themselves but before then, conditions may degrade substantially. I've seen some that are not in as good condition. The flip side is that Daniel Carr has gotten some of his pieces slabbed by ICG himself and the ones I've seen are graded MS69.

I also like the ICG slab. I only have modern NGC, PCGS and ICG slabs but of the three PCGS and ICG are tied for 1st place and NGC is in 3rd place for me. I like PCGS for the clear ring around the coin but from what I've seen they only sort of stack and not very well (similar to NGC). ICG slabs on the other hand, stack very well from my experience.