• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My new Sample Slab website

17 posts in this topic

www.sampleslabs.com

I wanted to share it all with you since I know we have discussed sample slabs here before. Every company known that has made a sample slab is listed with info, links and color photos. Jeremy Katz, a PCGS member made the site for me, and without his help I would never have been able to do it.

Cameron Kiefer

I have an ICG sample slab that says "ICG QUALITY YOU CAN SEE," and there is a huge, dark, greasy thumbprint across the enclosed South Carolina Quarter 893whatthe.gif27_laughing.gif! It's not for sale; I just thought I would share this hilarious sample slab!

This is a real site. I wouldn't want to do that. I haven't stolen any. I "borrowed" one from Gereg.

Cameron Kiefer

"Borrowed," that's what you are calling it now?

Geregs account of the story is so embelished it's funny. I asked if he could get me a sample slab from the bowers and merena table (he couldn't stay away from Carol and i knew this) and he said sure. I was just trying to help him out. It was just an excuse to go visit the ladies - having to get a sample slab for me.

Cameron Kiefer

Geregs account of the story is so embelished it's funny. I asked if he could get me a sample slab from the bowers and merena table (he couldn't stay away from Carol and i knew this) and he said sure. I was just trying to help him out. It was just an excuse to go visit the ladies - having to get a sample slab for me.

Cameron Kiefer

Embellished? Why not just call me a liar like you did on those other forums? Those PMs I posted of yours were 100% accurate and you claimed across the street that I faked them. We both know that is not true.

As for this sample slab, all I remember is you telling me about these cool slabs B&M had and suggested I get one. I went over there and Carol was nice enough to give me one. You asked to see it and the next time I saw you was the next show 3 months later and you claimed not to know what happened to the slab. You then sold it on eBay. Are you aware selling stolen property is against the law? mad.gif :mad

"We both know that is not true."

Please don't talk for both of us.

I have multiples of the same bowers and merena slab. I did not sell the one you gave me.

Cameron Kiefer

I have multiples of the same bowers and merena slab. I did not sell the one you gave me.

Cameron Kiefer

Yeah, Greg said that you stole more when the B&M employee's head was turned.

Is it true? Before you answer, I would be more than willing to give some neutral third person access to my account here so they could read the PM you sent me. I can't fake a PM from you here.

Ok, so what would one of the oldest green-labelled NGC Sample slab with the Roosevelt Dime be worth?

I currently have one that is labelled:

1959D 10C

SAMPLE

FA 00 NGC

191578-002

Matt, Cameron will probably tell you it is worth a ridiculous low amount, like $5.00 or something. In the real world its value approaches something like $500.00.

Yours is the rare and highly desirable FA 00 sample slab. NGC only produced a few of these and they went out to members of Congress only. Most were returned upon orders of the Secret Service, but there has always been the rumor some were still out there.

Now, if yours had the 1974 aluminum cent, well... I shutter to think what the ending price would bring at the end of fierce bidding on eBay for that one. . .

If it had the aluminum cent I doubt I'd have ever gotten it in the first place. I forget what I "payed" for it as I got it on store credit at the coin shop I worked at for a summer years ago. Neither the owner nor I really thought anything about it, so I've just kept hold of it since. I snagged it because it was a SAMPLE label and considered it to be odd. I'll try and get a scan/pic of it to post.

Thanks for the compliments.

"Ok, so what would one of the oldest green-labelled NGC Sample slab with the Roosevelt Dime be worth?"

Don't listen to braddick, but he did get the price right. It's worth around $5-10 depending upon the slab number. Yours (002) is a low number and would bring around $8-10 on ebay. Braddick is trying to pull you leg with the rarity of these. I have a box full and wuld gladly sell them to him for $20 each. grin.gifooo.gif I hope you didn't work too long for this sample from that dealer. These slabs were given out for free and he probably had several of them.

Cameron Kiefer

Thanks for the compliments.

"Ok, so what would one of the oldest green-labelled NGC Sample slab with the Roosevelt Dime be worth?"

Don't listen to braddick, but he did get the price right. It's worth around $5-10 depending upon the slab number. Yours (002) is a low number and would bring around $8-10 on ebay. Braddick is trying to pull you leg with the rarity of these. I have a box full and wuld gladly sell them to him for $20 each. I hope you didn't work too long for this sample from that dealer. These slabs were given out for free and he probably had several of them.

Cameron Kiefer

Cameron, I may have forgot the 'smilie' in my post, but where's the smilie in yours?! You state: "They're worth $8.- $10. on eBay" but offer them at "a full box of these and will sell them for $20.00 each". Wow. Over twice the going eBay price! What a deal! Please, go back and edit in: 893whatthe.gif893frustrated.gif

because someone is getting ripped off! blush.gif

Oh geeze........

I'm the owner of that B&M Sample. I'm greatly troubled that I may not have clear title to it. grrr..........

gmarguli sold me an Alabama NGC Sample several weeks ago & I have clear title to it.

Now I know who I can trust around here.