• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What should I do with this ebay buyer??

67 posts in this topic

I sold an item on ebay for $2.00, s&h $2.00, so total $4.00. The buyer is paying with a credit card and I am unable to accept his payment becuase I do not have a premier acct. with paypal. I advised him of this and he threatened that I did not advertise this and if I don't accept his payment, he will dispute it with ebay and paypal. Should I just send him the item for free and take it as a loss?? What would you do??

If you accept PayPal on an eBay auction do their policies say you have to accept PayPal using a credit card? Did your auction description state you take PayPal only using bank funds or something to that effect?

Some buyers on e-bay can be so ignorant and why are many problems the sellers to figure out. Can't he work with you and take 20 minutes out of his busy day and go buy a money order, stamp and mail your payment. It makes me sick to hear about disputes over such small amounts. Christo_pull_hair.gif

Good luck,

fay

When you accept payment by paypal, they automatically put up the little credit card pictures. I guess saying they are accepted also. Didn't know you had to have a premier acct. to accept that type of payment though. I didn't state bank acct. only though.

Oh, give me a break! $4! He should be willing to mail you four singles and be done with it. Explain that you are sorry about the misunderstanding, but you are unable to accept credit card payments. No way would I send him the item for free. 893naughty-thumb.gif

John

I've seen some auctions where people say they take PayPal with qualifiers in the description and DO NOT list PayPal as a payment type in the payment section which removes the credit card logos. When I'm interested in an item listed this way I ask the seller a question to clarify their PayPal policy and haven't had a problem yet. For me, this usually happens when the seller is in a foreign country and only wants to accept PayPal from buyers in certain countries.

I did say I was sorry and couldn't accept, but that's when he threatened with dispute. Here's his response:

"You did not specify this in your listing, if I had know this up front I would have paid the difference prior to making payment. What you are proposing now would require me putting in a charge of forty-nine cents on my credit card, this would cost me much more with minimum charge stipulations. Do not believe I should have to pay for your mistake.

If you don?t want to honor our contract let me know and I will dispute it with PayPal and E-bay".

If there were credit card logos on the auction page, I can see how someone would rely on that. I'd check with eBay/PayPal policies before doing anything. It would suck to be suspended over this.

How much does a Money Order cost? Cashier's Checks can be reasonably expensive for an item like this if you don't get them free from your back.

Already called payapl and they said nothing they could do. I would have to upgrade my acct. with them if I wanted to be able to accept his payment.

What a shame that coin will be "lost in the mail."

Yeah, really! 27_laughing.gif

It sounds like he's just being a horse's rear end to me. If you didn't accept his payment through PayPal, he's not out anything. He can just mail you the 4 bucks. foreheadslap.gif

John

I could see if the buyer was a little upset about you not taking credit card payments, but I wouldn't file a claim over a $4 transaction.

Can't he just transfer funds from his credit card to his paypal account, then onto you?

Already called payapl and they said nothing they could do. I would have to upgrade my acct. with them if I wanted to be able to accept his payment.
Did they say if you were required to accept his payment via eBay policies? Or can you reject it and still be "in the right" with respect to eBay?

This was my last response to him:

Paypal won't let me accept your payment without having a premier acct. Sorry, I'm not a rich man. I am contacting ebay to see if they can help me in this manner. If not, I will just send you the coins and take the full loss. I don't need the nagative feedback over $4.00.

This is what he responded with just now:

Send me the coins with your address. Include a note for me to send you a dollar. Upon receipt of this from you I will send you the dollar in cash (be cheaper then using the C.C. again).

Life is to short to harbor ill feelings over this amount.

Good luck,

Frank

Here's ebay's policy. Looks like I'll have to settle with whatever the buyer will send me!!

PayPal Payments Policy

Sellers who offer PayPal as a payment option in their eBay listings (either via logos or through text in the item description) must accept card funded payments. Sellers must have a Premier or Business PayPal Account or be willing to upgrade from a Personal PayPal Account to a Premier or Business Account upon receipt of a card funded payment. Sellers may not communicate to buyers that they only accept account balance or bank account funded payments, or will not accept card funded payments. eCheck is the only funding source that eBay sellers are allowed to block.

Violations of this policy may result in a range of actions, including:

Listing cancellation

Forfeiture of eBay fees on cancelled listings

Limits on account privileges

Loss of PowerSeller status

Account suspension

Am I missing something here? You never got his payment to begin with because you can’t accept C.C. payments through PayPal right? Does he understand that?

John

Am I missing something here? You never got his payment to begin with because you can’t accept C.C. payments through PayPal right? Does he understand that?

John

Somebody just trying to be a D*#KHEAD. I just sent him this and gonna mail his coins out tomorrow.

"I'm sending your coins out tomorrow. If I receive any payment for this it will only show me what type of person you really are. Your credit card was not charged, I could not accept payment. You are out nothing at this point. Have a nice day!"

Well, I guess you can consider it a $4 lesson learned. It’s a shame though to have to deal with someone like this. screwy.gif

John

Could've been much worse I guess. If it would have been a more expensive item, I think I would've let him dispute. I would always be able to justify my actions in the feedback. Oh well.

So which buzzard is it

va-43( 91)

geo4x4( 109 )

SO we can block the basterd ...

Tell him to send you 2 bux for the coin value too hell with the loss - He is the ... - The neg is sometimes worth it to blacklist the doink ..

893scratchchin-thumb.gif Yes that is how I feel ... Right now it may change any minute

heheh

His ID is va-43. I found out from paypal that ebay has started enforcing this policy, "When using paypal, all forms of payment must be accepted". I will just have to include in my description that I will not accept credit card payments from now on. Guess it turns out to be my fault and I just came across a buyer that doesn't care.

You have either 60 or 90 days to leave feedback (I forget)... wait until day 59 or 89, then leave him a neutral with the note "Pull My Finger."

Bobby, no offense intended, but I'd stop these auctions altogether. After eBay takes their cut, and Paypal, and the USPS, you're not making hardly any money (if any at all). And then you run into a bad buyer like this, and you're out more money.

The real money in the Presidential Dollars is the godless ones. Buy yourself a dremmel and make a killin! insane.gif