• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dipping Coins

7 posts in this topic

I recently bought some 60's proof sets in capital plastic holders, and I noticed that some of the coins have a little bid of spotting. I was wondering if dipping a coin would be an OK way to get rid of the spotting without causing harm to the coin. Also, if you know a good method for dipping or a good product all insight is appreciated. Thanks

You might want to try MS-70 first. It's a strong detergent that can help. Don't use it on copper, though.

I have tried jewel luster. It works good, but doesn't garrantee on those spots tho'. Those could be from a former dip that wasn't cleaned or dried properly.

What would be considered a proper way to dip the coin? How do you hold the coin and dip it in the solution. I have never seen this done so I'm just trying to get a good handle on it before I try it with any of my coins. Thanks