• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1804 Silver Dollar (1 genuine found in the Philippines) need your help

20 posts in this topic

I have a coin Liberty 1804 Silver Dollar. I can really assure you that this is genuine, i got this coin from a treasure hunting, as i personally assessed the weight of this coin is 26.6 grams (accurate), a person told me which is a member of International Bank Notes Society (IBNS) that the grading of this coin is FINE +. and to give you more information I have here attached the scanned photos.

On the edge of this coin there is a engraved description more or less like this:

ONE * * DOLLAR * * OR * * UNIT (3 symbols)

* * * * HUNDRED (5 symbols) * * CENTS * * * *

I don't have money to get it appraised or graded to the USA like PCGS so please help me. I live in the Philippines.... there is no authorized dealer or authenticator in our place. I need somebody who can come here in our country to meet me and i'm very much willing to sell this item.

I appreciate your favorable attention to this letter.

Sincerly yours,

Rogelio Salarzon

Mobile No. 09164114225

Cebu City, Philippines

226699-front.jpg.a650f5d0f036e2eacf39b6f06ac57df9.jpg

Rogelio,

Becareful of getting scammed or taking advantage of! If it is genuine then it is worth over one million dollars. Most people on-line here at the NGC forum are honest and knowledgable. I would suggest that you contact Mark Feld of Pinnacle Rarities. You will find some of his posts on some of these threads, you just have to look. He is very honest and reputable. Otherwise, beware of the dogs!!!

Victor

That coin looks like a counterfiet that I have seen many times before. The proportions of the face and bust etc, give it a way.
Definitely. The good news is it is heads and shoulders above the typical $10. counterfeit you see offered on eBay, especially if the weight is close and the edge is NOT reeded!

Neat collectible for what it is but absolutely not the real McCoy.

1) It's counterfeit.

2) You don't have the money to get it appraised, but you've got the money to go treasure hunting?

3) I'm sure the Philippines has several coin dealers that could tell you the coin is a counterfeit.

And by all means, STAY AWAY FROM CONSTRUCTION SITES as they have a way of swallowing up 1804 dollars. Scary, but true.

junroger - the coin is not genuine, though I'm sure you wont want to accept that information.

EZ_E - thank you, sincerely, for your kind words.

1) It's counterfeit.

2) You don't have the money to get it appraised, but you've got the money to go treasure hunting?

3) I'm sure the Philippines has several coin dealers that could tell you the coin is a counterfeit.

And by all means, STAY AWAY FROM CONSTRUCTION SITES as they have a way of swallowing up 1804 dollars. Scary, but true.

I haven't thought of "Lovedbygod" (or, whatever his eBay and CU handle was) in a long, long time! Thanks Greg for the fun memory.

I haven't thought of "Lovedbygod" (or, whatever his eBay and CU handle was) in a long, long time! Thanks Greg for the fun memory.

I believe it was Scottieo with the 1804 dollar that was lost at the construction site. LovedbyGod7 was the guy who preached the bible yet screwed a buncy of people on eBay and tried to scam people by selling a PCGS slabbed 1943 copper cent that was in the Heritage inventory.

I believe there are many banks in Nigeria who will assist in giving money to anyone who sends THEM a lot of money.

I can forward the next offer............I............get.

OR.....if I have to come to appraise and buy it, should I arrive at night with a suitcase full of US money? We could meet in the jungle or something.

grin.gif

Yes, the "art" took up a mighty big chunk of memory to download. I don't know that I ever downloaded all of it, however, if I remember correctly, he did produce a fairly decently forged Indian Peace Medal.

hi there roger

contact me by private message i might be able to get you $3.00 usa for it

michael

I'd give $3.50

I'll give $20 for it. I can easily get $150 for it on eBay with some suckers story about finding the coin while treasure hunting.

Forget these jokers - I'll be on the next plane. I'll bring cash in circulated, unmarked bills. I'll leave the Kevlar vest home. Authentication won't be necessary, as I understand the impossibility of sending it to either of the two major grading services in the year 2003.