• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Before I go to Baltimore and make a fool of my self...

15 posts in this topic

Actually, feuchteanger is a hard word.

if I remember correctly, it sounds like fyoot-vahnger

Reales I believe is reales just like it looks

gobrecht, I've always read as gob-rect

Zach, you wouldn't be making a fool of yourself if you asked someone at the show how these words should be pronounced. Would you feel foolish if you went into a Cingular store and asked the salesperson how all of the "bells and whistles" of their latest model cell phone worked? That said, it doesn't necessarily mean that the person you ask will give you the correct pronunciation. Haven't you ever asked for a second opinion on a coin?

Chris

Regarding that video... every married man knows the answer is "No. You look beautiful!" regardless of the truth!! makepoint.gif

As for pronunciations... it is ok to ask a professional at the show. Most are willing to help you learn. If they are not, then don't buy their stuff!

Scott hi.gif

Hi, All

Here is how I 've hear and say these words over the years: The part of the word in CAPS is where the accent goes. hi.gif

Gobrecht= GObreckT

Feuchtwanger= FOICHTvonger

Reales= reeALS

AAJ