• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Metal Detecting 101 -- Got Questions?

245 posts in this topic

way to go dooly, that was interesting. I gave up after one try cause I have no knowledge of these theings. Congrats Chad, and thumbsup2.gif for being so generous. Congrats for your price there zrlevin!!

way to go dooly, that was interesting. I gave up after one try cause I have no knowledge of these theings. Congrats Chad, and thumbsup2.gif for being so generous. Congrats for your price there zrlevin!!

Congrats Chad and mighty nice of you to give to Zach. And thanks to Dooly for posting a very interesting Contest 893applaud-thumb.gif

thanks to you all hope it was not to hard for you all frustrated.gif

i am going to set a new one SOON ! so keep an eye out 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Ps the prize is on its way

Been detedting today found GOLD Wahaay !!!!!!

#

there is a name engraved on the coin but i am having trouble making it out at the moment

1760552-%21%21.jpg

1760552-a.jpg

hi.gif

1760552-a.jpg.ab0fbc319dee98f709998c0cfa695c02.jpg

Grrr... all I pulled today was some clads, 4 Wheaties and a '42 Merc... diminishing returns in my usual haunts.

I need to find some new spots... I have some potentials but I just haven't locked down permission.

I'm coming to the UK someday, Dooly... someday... I really want to dig up a 1000 year old coin, and for some reason we just don't get many of them in South Carolina. smile.gif

We have seen your killer coin finds, but what kind of military or non-military relics have you found over there? I get the occasional Civil War era button or mini ball (bullet) and I have even pulled up what I think is a Revolutionary Era button, but have not been able to ID it.

Grrr... all I pulled today was some clads, 4 Wheaties and a '42 Merc... diminishing returns in my usual haunts.

I need to find some new spots... I have some potentials but I just haven't locked down permission.

I'm coming to the UK someday, Dooly... someday... I really want to dig up a 1000 year old coin, and for some reason we just don't get many of them in South Carolina. smile.gif

We have seen your killer coin finds, but what kind of military or non-military relics have you found over there? I get the occasional Civil War era button or mini ball (bullet) and I have even pulled up what I think is a Revolutionary Era button, but have not been able to ID it.

There is always someware to lay your head in the uk thumbsup2.gif

Military stuff yep get lots of that there are bombs flamed.gif all over... and just down the dunes there was a munitions stripping place you can fill a wheelbarrow in a day

and there are thousands of 303 shells..

we get lots of badges and thousands of buttons because farmers baught up all the old uniforms from the 1800's onwards to plow into the fields and to warm the ground.

Hear is a canny cap badge i have found

1774151-WAR.jpg

We dont keep much of this stuff i send mine to the Regement museams but its fun to keep the bombs and put them on the wall 27_laughing.gif

1774151-WAR.jpg.1e76deff4ed8d47d1ab4c29921abd5b3.jpg

Hi all news.gif

spoke to one of the farmers today and he says that the water board has dug a huge ditch across the Castle field for a new pipe WOW gess were i am going in the morning.... long lost deep finds 893applaud-thumb.gif the field has been in pasture for over 200 years come on the morning.... any one fancy coming ?? 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

I wish I could pack up my garrett and go with you dooly!

any time mate thumbsup2.gif

went up to the site and got some lead and old buttons but it was " 893censored-thumb.gif down" and i was about a foot taller when i came off the field with the mud Christo_pull_hair.gif

oh well gess i will have to let it dry up a bit and try again! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I started with a Garrett Deepseeker back in 80s but i now use a Whites can't remember name bought it back in late 90's. thumbsup2.gif

edited to add: It is a Quantam.

I started with a Garrett Deepseeker back in 80s but i now use a Whites can't remember name bought it back in late 90's. thumbsup2.gif

edited to add: It is a Quantam.

My dad just bought him a whites a couple months ago. Not sure which one but it cost him about $900. I bought me a real nice Garrett 1500 on ebay for $450. Works great, I love it!

Hi all just been over to my farms today to find some lost pipes for one of the farmers.. and they have finaly started working the fields Wahhay!!! may even get out for a bit tomorow depending on the weather..i will post if i find anything in the coin line

(thumbs up